Should Ref's Be Mic'ed up

Clubber said:
Like Rugby. Probably been mentioned before, but i can't see any real problem with it.

I know it was tried before, and they don't want to do it again, but hopefully this would shame some of the gobby (rags, Chelsea and Arsenal are main offenders) players into showing a bit more respect. They can obviously question the ref, but in the correct manner.

It may also help people understand some of the Ref's decisions, rather than guessing why he only gave a yellow or a red ect.

Who would be mostly opposed to this, players, FA or maybe the ref's themselves.

Well if you want your 5yr old kid to learn some of the worse words in the english language then mic them up

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Clubber said:
Like Rugby. Probably been mentioned before, but i can't see any real problem with it.

I know it was tried before, and they don't want to do it again, but hopefully this would shame some of the gobby (rags, Chelsea and Arsenal are main offenders) players into showing a bit more respect. They can obviously question the ref, but in the correct manner.

It may also help people understand some of the Ref's decisions, rather than guessing why he only gave a yellow or a red ect.

Who would be mostly opposed to this, players, FA or maybe the ref's themselves.

Well if you want your 5yr old kid to learn some of the worse words in the english language then mic them up

I think they should bring it in and hand out fines. To be honest there should be no back chat to refs like in Rugby the only person who should talk to the ref is the captain. It would be a great thing to see also bring in the tv tech as well.

Regarding the kids it all bollocks they pick up on everything people say granted and it might not be from watching football. It could well be from there parents or family these things happen. Also the way people use it it is a throw away word now and does not mean a lot now a days. Heres 1 try to go a day without cursing it cant be done.

BoyBlue_1985 said:

Stated earlier in the thread, we have the ability to bleep out the offending word due to the digital time delay.

Also, each country these games are distributed to would also have the ability to censor the in the same way in their country.

We live in an age where this is quite a straight forward and easy thing to set up. The organising bodies talk a lot about respecting the ref, yet they don't implement anything to enforce it, or show the true extent of dissent they have to put up with from people on the pitch. If the refs don't want it, they need to give a good reason why, as it shouldn't affect their performance.

In a clean game, yes.

As the prem is bent as fook it will never happen. How much incitement would come from Clattenberg having a laugh with shrek or Walton with a scouser?

I would welcome it, somehow i could never see it.

This was done back in 1989 when David Elleray was mic'ed up for an Arsenal game in which Tony Adams famously effed 'n jeffed all day long at him and called him a cheat.

Works well in Rugby but that a different ball game (ho ho ho). Refs in the premier league have no backbone and the players have no repsect for them. Always baffles me that if you do a Nani-esque double flip and roll with a girly shreek after no contact in a sunday leauge game your told not to be a twat and get on with it yet if you swear at a ref your off/cautioned without hesitation where as in the permiership these wallys fall for every bit of simulation and reguarly take gobs fulls of abuse from Shrek et al without any retribution. Stinks.

The players would soon stop swearing at the refs if they were sent off for it on a consistent basis. I admit the issue of foreign languages is a problem with this though, refs can't possibly have a full grasp of all the languages spoken.

I don't see why they can't mic the refs but keep it off the public broadcast. That way each game could be reviewed afterwards and any errors made could be dealt with/punished as appropriate.

Of course first you'd have to get the corruption out of football administration - the Second Coming of Christ will probably happen first.

I think it's a great idea in principal, but as already mentioned both Rugby codes have a completely different attitude to referees.

I've seen countless televised games of RL where the ref's give a decision and the offending player has come over, foaming at the mouth and the ref simply says "don't swear- I'm miked up" and the player hasn't!

Can you see that in football with thick, pentulant twats like Wooney and Gerrard?

Unfortunately not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.