Should Spurs Be Allowed To Play A FA Cup Semi-Final at Wembley.....

IF we get to the semi final, then IF we also play Spurs, I'd doubt that the game's location would impact us in any way.

Obviously I'm biased, but I'd back us against Spurs anywhere. That's not to say they aren't a good side, as they clearly are. However, I'd hope we would be better than saying "it's not fair we played at Wembley" should the worst happen against them.

A fuss about nothing, really. Especially when in a semi final, or final, situation the ticket allocation would be split.

It’s not like we aren’t used to playing at Wembley anyway. I don’t see the problem with it.

IF we get to the semi final, then IF we also play Spurs, I'd doubt that the game's location would impact us in any way.

Obviously I'm biased, but I'd back us against Spurs anywhere. That's not to say they aren't a good side, as they clearly are. However, I'd hope we would be better than saying "it's not fair we played at Wembley" should the worst happen against them.

A fuss about nothing, really. Especially when in a semi final, or final, situation the ticket allocation would be split.

Agreed. I'd fancy us to beat them wherever.

It’s not like we aren’t used to playing at Wembley anyway. I don’t see the problem with it.
Agreed. I'd fancy us to beat them wherever.

Maybe a bit blinkered here. What if Sheff. Wed, Swans,Brighton or god forbid Wigan get through and meet them that could be a masdive boost to Spuds.

It could be worse; the German cup final has been held in the Olympiastadion in Berlin for the last 30 odd years. It's the home ground of Hertha Berlin so they get an advantage every season. - I'm not sure how Bayern allowed this to happen.
In Italy the final is now played at the Stadio Olimpico so Roma and Lazio will always have an advantage.
These are advantages gained every season, not just one or two seasons in the case of Spurs.

I appreciate it's on the day, but the semi-final should and has always been played at a neutral stadium.

Put it this way.

If Spurs win the semi final and final, they will have played the 2 most important rounds of the FA Cup at home.

I appreciate you can't do anything about the final, as Wembley is where the final takes place.

But the FA should have told Spurs and the other clubs at the start of this years FA Cup, that if Spurs reach the semi-final, the match will be played at either the Emirates or Old Trafford. Play Spurs at Old Trafford and they will have no ground, surroundings or support advantage whatsoever.

The problem is, apart from being Dinosaurs, the FA are hell bent on squeezing as much income out of Wembley and the fans as possible. They couldn't give a shit about fairness or up holding the traditions of the FA Cup.

Put it this way. If we lose to Spurs in the Semi Final at Wembley, and it costs City a possible domestic treble or season quadruple, I will be furious.

Last edited:
What if they get to the final? Do you want the fa cup final to be played at somewhere other than Wembley?

Instead of the coin toss or however it is drawn, spurs should have to use the away team dressing rooms at the very least imo. that would at least remove the familiarity of the day away from them, reducing that slight advantage. ticket allocation would be the same as always

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.