Should tactical fouls become a red card offence?

I can see where he is coming from,but since I have little to no trust in our officials, I think we should concentrate on dangerous play first , not give them another excuse to send ours off whilst giving them zero protection.

A deliberate foul should be a red card. All the shite about " one for the team" or giving it credence by calling it "professional" is bollox, Choosing to commit a foul is not deemed as serious by our pitifully inept fa, but in the long long list of incompetent governance by them it is nowhere near the top

giphy-2.gif

Not for me I appreciate the fine art of a tactical foul but referees need to make sure to get these players in the book or they just do it again (See Cork at the weekend)

All we need is the refs/lineman to do their jobs. There was a clear pull back in the Burnley game in the first half yet no yellow - why?

I called the Sane V Cardiff one a red card straightway. Not sure why the ref couldn't tell, I am assuming he was sober

Not for me.

It would be ludicrous to send someone off for a non-violent challenge in their own half.

The refs just need to brandish the yellow more consistently for deliberate fouls.

Plus I disagree with his assessment of the Bennett tackle. It was violent and should've been a red even under the current rules. There's a marked difference between that and the pulling back that Burnley did, which should've been yellow in every case, but again weren't consistently applied.

Also the Sergio Ramos challenge would still have been made as it was in the "dying moments" so he probably would still do it. Sending a man off with minutes to go does very little for the opponent on the day.

Then he talks about Hazard being fouled repeatedly without any punishment. Again the refs just need to brandish more yellows early on and so be wise to what's going on.

I can see what he's getting at but having too many players sent off spoils the game just as much as the fouls do.

Just make every deliberate foul an automatic yellow card, unless it's violent and/or prevents a clear goalscoring opportunity. Y'know like it should be.

The rules are fine. It's the inconsistency of the referees that needs to be addressed. VAR should/might help this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.