Should we be looking at new kit deal?- new update pg34 Chelsea NIKE DEAL

City14

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...0m-10-year-deal-Manchester-United-signed.html

With Real Madrid's planned new Adidas kit deal we now have the chance to secure a new deal with Nike definitely at a much higher value. Perhaps not at Real level.....but definitely perhaps 2nd best in England after the rags or even match them.

With so many commercial agreements city finalising why have they not secured a new bigger lucrative shirt deal with Nike or another big shirt makers...

My 2 cents....come on Ferran sort it out. Perhaps with Glick moving back to a CFG director role from NYCFC he may be charged with bringing the big 'whales' ...if you get my drift.

Would love it....wipe the smiles off those smug Liverpool pundits and united's commercial king Eddie the devil.

I suppose Adidas have speculated on a winner to cover losses on another club they sponsor.

It depends on the current deal we have with them or more accurately, the duration of that deal.
We can't arbitrarily renegotiate (unless there is provision for that in the contract).

I think it's mostly a case of timing, each new deal seems to usurp the last one, and I'm sure our next deal will move us up the ladder - but the likes of Adidas and Nike already have massive exposure so City aren't really offering all that much more - so one of the key factors is volume of shirt sales and that's where we're not very strong (yet).

Amazing we are not even in the top 10. That's ridiculous. How the heck can Liverpool, Psg, and Milan continue to make more than us in this department.

MOST LUCRATIVE KIT DEALS

1. Real Madrid – adidas: £106m, 10 years

2. Man United – adidas: £75m, 11 years

3. Bayern Munich – adidas: £60m, 15 years

4. Chelsea – adidas: £30m, 10 years

5. Arsenal – Puma: £30m, 5 years

6. Liverpool – New Balance: £24m, 6 years

7. Barcelona – Nike: £24m, 10 years

8. Juventus – adidas: £20m, 8 years

9. Milan – adidas: £18m, 10 years

10. PSG – Nike: £18m, 11 years

We're Nike's only club in the premier league, Our shirt sales are nowhere near the levels of the top clubs, if it was solely based on that we'd be nowhere near. Thankfully, it's more than just shirt sales. It's about the brand and the image, being Nikes sole premier league representative and regularly being in the hunt for trophies will mean the next deal we get from Nike will be huge. They've lost a lot of ground to Adi recently,they won't want to lose another team to them.

It depends on the current deal we have with them or more accurately, the duration of that deal.
We can't arbitrarily renegotiate (unless there is provision for that in the contract).

I think it's mostly a case of timing, each new deal seems to usurp the last one, and I'm sure our next deal will move us up the ladder - but the likes of Adidas and Nike already have massive exposure so City aren't really offering all that much more - so one of the key factors is volume of shirt sales and that's where we're not very strong (yet).

True mate, but Madrid also signed their last deal in 2012. So I am sure our execs would have that kind of language inserted in our contracts.

Then the question rises do we then sign a deal with a US Firm like UNDER ARMOUR or NEW BALANCE to take them to the next level of 'top team' in their portfolio.

I'm sure Ferran's given it some thought.

No good sorting something out every 2 years and then deciding - oh sorry we are much bigger now - 2 years later.

When they do it, it needs to be good and I'm sure negotiations are ongoing.

After all we are still the only mover and shaker in this field (relative to the others). I reckon next Deloittes will see us over PSG and the German RAGS

I'm sure Ferran's given it some thought.

No good sorting something out every 2 years and then deciding - oh sorry we are much bigger now - 2 years later.

When they do it, it needs to be good and I'm sure negotiations are ongoing.

After all we are still the only mover and shaker in this field (relative to the others). I reckon next Deloittes will see us over PSG and the German RAGS

Can't believe PSG were higher than us in delloites ranking. WTF....That was a joke in it self .....no wonder Platini's ffp is stuffed. And he is out looking for a job...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.