Shouldn't City be paying staff real living wage?

How anyone survives on less than 10/hr is beyond me?

To pay 7.50 or even less,is a pisstake.

Spot on! That is all they do, survive, just. Big corporations making hundreds of millions a year paying peanuts. It is effectively slave labour. A slave is fed and watered and provided somewhere to sleep because a dead slave is of no use to it's owner. Similarly people on low wages just about pay for the basics of living with little left for anything else. When they complain they are told they are lucky to have a job. If they lose it pressure is put on them to take another or they will lose benefits and the cycle continues. Wage rises aren't wage rises they just keep up with inflation as every utility company, every transport system puts it's prices up every year. It is infuriating.

It's immoral ... but then again most things in football particularly around finance are immoral so no real surprise there

Would think that the club sub-contract a percentage of the menial tasks at the club , so remuneration for some of the "workers" at the club would be out of their control , although there is nothing to stop the club from insisting every employee gets a RLW in any agreed contracts , the clubs contribution to the community is important and a RLW is a basic esssential
The club certainly contracts out the catering operations, there is nothing stopping them stipulating that the living wage is paid via the operators within the overall contract.
And it is certainly something that the club should be doing, as a post above states, its something all employers should be doing.

but they don't my daughters get £7 a hour and my daughter who is team leaders gets £9 hour they arrive 4 hours before kick off and around and leave
3 hours after game has finished

Should t be about an hourly rate when working at the game as they aren’t not getting a long shift. Let’s say a lad working behind a bar is paid from 1 until 6? 5 hours pay at 7.50 - 37.50 and for that he has to travel half an hour each way and the costs involved. They should be paid 50 quid minimum a game.

The employees you immediately think of, the bar staff, stewards etc aren't employed by City, they're sub-contracted out, so the showsecs, the seemingly yearly changing catering company and so on. I imagine of those that are employed directly by the club, the vast majority will be paid more than the living wage but yes they all should be. The problem with somehow insisting sub-contractors pay their employees the living wage too is they have no way ensuring that happens, plus if they're going to do that, they need to be of a sufficient standard too, a lot aren't sadly.

and they should get paid double while working away end. as most treat them like shit

Always remember in the North Stand at Maine Road, when a steward single handed tried to hold back the marauding Middlesbrough fans, who had made their way into home section after the gates were opened, with 10 mins to go.
Had a word with Bernardo Halford regarding gates being opened, only to be told there is nothing he could do.
Asked him to thank said steward, which Head of Security did but I mentioned he shouldn't try to be a hero !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.