Shouldn't City be paying staff real living wage?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Ric, 4 Nov 2017.

1. quiet_riot

quiet_riot

IT Nerd
    54k people at City. 10.5k at Chesterfield - surely his job is busier 'watching a gate' at the Etihad?

2. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

Has Yaya's agent complained about his salary?

3. cleavers

cleavers

It might not be, I guess its down to the proportion of gates to people, maybe more people go through fewer gates at Chesterfield ;-) I've no idea, and actually don't care much either, but security is the same, whether at Hyde United or at City/United, they just employ fewer for smaller gates.

4. bert trout mask replica

bert trout mask replica

Of course City should. It’s the right, decent thing to do and I cannot believe any Blue, with a hint of humanity or decency in their soul would think otherwise

5. trumpton

trumpton

Part of the problem now with the national minimum wage is for the price of two 25+ year olds you can employ 3 17 year olds. I appreciate the need to command a decent wage but in the service industry companies employ youngsters because they can get 3 for the price of two.

6. alib

alib

My wife works in hospitality at both City and United. City pay £12.50 per hour , United pay her £10 per hour

7. talkativesprout

talkativesprout

Think they should be insisting on customer facing staff speaking and understanding English.

8. VOOMER

VOOMER

I'll think you'll find City pay everyone who actually works for the group more than the living wage.

9. Kinkladze 1

Kinkladze 1

It doesn't matter if you're busy or not. You get paid for the job you do. A postman gets paid the same wage no matter how many envelopes he delivers doesn't he? They don't weigh the post bags and pay more if it's heavier do they? Why would a bog cleaner get more pay if they have more bogs to clean? They are paid to clean bogs per hour not per bog.

10. balotelli's back pocket

balotelli's back pocket

Most of the staff who work for city on a matchday are part time anyway? But all full time staff should be, i agree.