Shouldn't City be paying staff real living wage?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Ric, 4 Nov 2017.

1. u2fme2

u2fme2

vice chair
    Arse !! Both my daughters are at uni. Egde hill and they both travel back on a Friday by train to work weekend games
    and I take them back by car. Yesterday as a example didn't finish till 6.30 time they got home Droylsden had tea yours
    truely didn't get back home till midnight. Which I glady do as they get off there arse for a 8 hour shift for around £45.

2. u2fme2

u2fme2

vice chair
    Oh not there not. That is a team leaders rate !!

3. york away to this!

york away to this!

ALERT, ALERT! Notification of potential competent bar staff in the ground!

Please let us know which bar they work in so we can form an orderly queue!

4. stonerblue

stonerblue

rambler
    I thought they did?

5. hawkhurst

hawkhurst

Would you say that when season ticket prices go up when capacity can't keep can't up with demand? When they're charging £2k a ticket and you can't afford to go you might thinking differently about market economics in that way.

6. Mike D

Mike D

Without shadow of a doubt

7. Bluster

Bluster

That may be the case but do they insist their contractors do too? It is in city's control to insist that everyone who works directly and indirectly for the club is paid the proper rate.

it's an easy cop out to allow procurement to drive down wages and abdicate responsibility for indirect employees.

8. sweenyuk

sweenyuk

My understanding is that everyone on the CFG payroll is paid living wage as a minimum, all concessions who employ their staff direct which includes all food and drink outlets and the club store are free to set their won wage structure

9. VOOMER

VOOMER

Speak to the council because they are the ones who dish out the contracts for security, catering and the like. Ever had any takeaway food ? Then speak to yourself as it's highly likely that have been served by someone below the minimum wage let alone living wage.

10. Fame Monster

Fame Monster

Yes, 100%, scandalous that they're not imo.