Signings Since The Takeover (List)

Whilst I agree with most of that, Javi Garcia took a while to get going but he's another one we shipped out just as he found his feet. He played some great games in our second title. Most notably when Vincent got sent off against hull and he dropped into the back 4 with demichelis. Was brilliant that day. Also, glad you put the resigning of sweep in the hits even though that came before take over (along with benjani and caicedo whom Sven signed). Swp coming back is one of my top 5 favourite transfers of the last decade. My all time favourite player. The brace at his first match back at Sunderland. Swoon.

To be honest I'd forgot Javi Garcia even played in the 13-14 season and surprised to see he was involved in 29 league games! Surely most of them must have been sub as I just remember the Yaya-Dinho combination. Maybe I am being a little harsh on him but then again I forgot he'd even played that season. To be honest I think he suffered in peoples eyes because he followed De Jong and Barry who had played there in previous years and Fernandinho came in and hit the ground running and compared to them he's 4th best.

To be honest I'd forgot Javi Garcia even played in the 13-14 season and surprised to see he was involved in 29 league games! Surely most of them must have been sub as I just remember the Yaya-Dinho combination. Maybe I am being a little harsh on him but then again I forgot he'd even played that season. To be honest I think he suffered in peoples eyes because he followed De Jong and Barry who had played there in previous years and Fernandinho came in and hit the ground running and compared to them he's 4th best.

I thought Garcia was probably a better player than De Jong who was mostly flashy tackles with not much else to offer. There's a reason we got 3.5m for De Jong and 13m for Garcia.

Garcia was vital in the 13/14 run in. Fernandinho was dropped for him in the last 7/8 games if memory serves me correctly and rightly so.

Also I'm not sure how Costel Pantillimon could be a hit if Garcia is a miss. Other than that I agree with most of your assessment.

Whilst I agree with most of that, Javi Garcia took a while to get going but he's another one we shipped out just as he found his feet. He played some great games in our second title. Most notably when Vincent got sent off against hull and he dropped into the back 4 with demichelis. Was brilliant that day. Also, glad you put the resigning of sweep in the hits even though that came before take over (along with benjani and caicedo whom Sven signed). Swp coming back is one of my top 5 favourite transfers of the last decade. My all time favourite player. The brace at his first match back at Sunderland. Swoon.

Javi asked to leave

Javi Garcia was a 'hit' eventually. Almost chalk and cheese. He looked hopelessly out of his depth at first and took an age to settle in, but by the end of the season he was one of our most consistant performers.

Errors:
Ben Haim - Cost us £5m-£6m I think.
Gunnar Nielsen - Missing, he was a free transfer, didn't play for us though (I don't think).
Tevez - Thought he was £25m? Was that rumour of £47m not a load of bollocks. Not that it matters, he's worth either fee.
Fulop - Loan - Missing.
Pizarro - Loan - Missing.
Lampard - Loan - Missing.
Douglas Luiz - Missing.
Kolarov - Missing.
E. Garcia - Missing.
Moreno - £4.7m - Missing.
Zinchenko - £1.7m - Missing.
Pablo Mari - £170k - Missing.

What's the story with Moreno? If I remember right, weren't a load of big clubs after him or am I getting mixed up with Jesus? Either way, not heard anything about him since.
Wasn't Zinchenko supposed to have been a real talent too, and a good bit of business at the time?

What's the story with Moreno? If I remember right, weren't a load of big clubs after him or am I getting mixed up with Jesus? Either way, not heard anything about him since.
Wasn't Zinchenko supposed to have been a real talent too, and a good bit of business at the time?

Both loaned out last season.

Moreno to Deportivo la Coruna, featured in 18 games but only played about 800mins.
Zinchenko to PSV, featured in 24 games, 7 of which were for the B side but played 12 eredivisie games and 4 champions league games.

Too early to judge either yet, both came with a lot of hype but Zinchenko has impressed more thus far. Have a feeling they'll both be sold on for profit at some point.

Zinchenko looked pretty good when he came on against United the other night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.