Silva 2 year possible contract extension

Agree w
Give him whatever he wants.

It's a sad indictment of the English attitude to football that if he was English he would have been released by any English club at 15 as he "wasn't athletic or strong enough"

Agree with this, if he'd grown up in England he wouldn't of made it, not quick enough to be a winger, not big and strong enough to play centrally. best player I've seen in our shirt, love him to bits

The fact that he wanted to stay with us for so long knowing he would never get the plaudits playing for us that he deserves is amazing

Just a genius of a footballer and a great straightforward guy that gives the club no trouble at all, will go down as our greatest ever player when he hangs them up and should take his place next to Joe Mercer on Joe Mercer way in a bronzed statue

He could be our Iniesta or Xavi ;-)

Isn't he already?

Fantastic news if true; I really hope it is.

I have loved watching Merlin over the last seven years and I want that to continue for as long as possible.

This last season has shown what a class act David Silva is in the way he has adapted his game to the new system.

And to think, some on here claimed Merlin wasn't a Pep-type player.

The fact he no longer talks about going back to Las Palmas to retire speaks volumes about how happy and hopeful he is about the near future.
I pray that we are able to reward his loyalty and win the CL so he joins his fellow elite Spainards in winning most of trophies available to footballers. Maybe finally shut some people up that lament Silva never went to a "big club". That would make my decade.

On his last game - we have to name a stand after him - simple as that. The one opposite the Colin Bell Stand. He deserves that.

Our two greatest ever players - opposite each other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.