Sinan Bytyqi

Contract being extended till 2018.

Echo the sentiments above, loaning him to the Bundesliga is a great test. Needs to have an unbelievable season to stay at City, as there are more promising youth players younger than him.

Have a feeling City are extending his contract and loaning him to a good league to try and fetch a decent sale price.

Echo the sentiments above, loaning him to the Bundesliga is a great test. Needs to have an unbelievable season to stay at City, as there are more promising youth players younger than him.

Have a feeling City are extending his contract and loaning him to a good league to try and fetch a decent sale price.

Maybe, maybe not, was he not out for 12 months with a ligament tear? That's bound to have put him behind the curve, it's certainly a good test for him out there. Yet another team to keep an eye out for.

Edit: I should have read the previous page to check on his injury :(

Maybe, maybe not, was he not out for 12 months with a ligament tear? That's bound to have put him behind the curve, it's certainly a good test for him out there. Yet another team to keep an eye out for.

Edit: I should have read the previous page to check on his injury :(

Yeah, he looked a major talent before his injury but others are coming through stronger and faster from the younger age groups. He's a German speaker so he should acclimatise quickly to the Bundesliga. Eintracht only just avoided relegation, so he should be able to break into the team without too much trouble. After that, it's all about what he does on the pitch. Good luck to the lad.

Looks like a great move, Can't argue with the quality of the league and its a small club so he should have a great chance of playing a big part for them next year. Knowing the language should also help. Good luck to him.

I don´t like your usage of the word small in combination with my hometown club. :(

Pretty sure you didnt consider City "small" before the windfall either.

Anyway, I will report back once he arrived and I have seen him in action.

I don´t like your usage of the word small in combination with my hometown club. :(

Think he meant small by saying low profile and therefore more likely to get a chance of breaking through. Frankfurt could never be considered small, European cup finalists in the past, something we are still trying to aspire to. As for the player, he seems to have a great attitude and is skilful and a battler, I hope he makes it somewhere and expect he will.

That's a cracking stadium you've got there bud, very nice.

@Mikejl: I am sure he will get playtime if he is good enough. We dont have a lot of money and our masterplan for the coming years will be to rely on promising youngsters, so it looks like a good deal for all sides involved.
Pretty sure Sinan will have no problems to adjust to life in Germany as there won't be a language barrier problem as someone mentioned earlier already.

One thing which surprised me is that 2 or 3 years back our my club released a statement that we are officially having a cooperation with City and will be your "farm team". I was obviously pretty excited as City is my 2nd team since the days of Uwe Rösler.

However it seems this never took off and only recently our new coach told the press that he will try to revive the connections to City.

To me the whole idea sounds pretty awesome. We might have a chance to get some players on loan, City players will get playtime in a competitive league instead of sitting on the bench or having to play for the reserves and in the end you might get an improved player back. In worst case you will be able to sell him to either us or another team if he isnt good enough for City.

One thing that the PL always seem to lack is the will to give young players a chance. But I assume this is pretty much impossible for a top tier team when the league is so competitive and he pressure is on the managers to succeed with all the money involved.

@ColinLee: Cheers mate! Small club, big stadium it seems! ;)

@Mikejl: I am sure he will get playtime if he is good enough. We dont have a lot of money and our masterplan for the coming years will be to rely on promising youngsters, so it looks like a good deal for all sides involved.
Pretty sure Sinan will have no problems to adjust to life in Germany as there won't be a language barrier problem as someone mentioned earlier already.

One thing which surprised me is that 2 or 3 years back our my club released a statement that we are officially having a cooperation with City and will be your "farm team". I was obviously pretty excited as City is my 2nd team since the days of Uwe Rösler.

However it seems this never took off and only recently our new coach told the press that he will try to revive the connections to City.

To me the whole idea sounds pretty awesome. We might have a chance to get some players on loan, City players will get playtime in a competitive league instead of sitting on the bench or having to play for the reserves and in the end you might get an improved player back. In worst case you will be able to sell him to either us or another team if he isnt good enough for City.

One thing that the PL always seem to lack is the will to give young players a chance. But I assume this is pretty much impossible for a top tier team when the league is so competitive and he pressure is on the managers to succeed with all the money involved.

@ColinLee: Cheers mate! Small club, big stadium it seems! ;)
The partnership sounds familiar, it would be fantastic to have a Bundesliga option for our talented youngsters as its a tough league. Always has a soft spot for Eintracht as they were the first German team I'd heard of when I used to read up on famous games (sorry, yes the one you lost heavily in) though have to say my favourite team is the Munchen Lions, for obvious reasons, hated city rivals and a nice sky blue kit, though a pretty terrible team, as we were for quite a while.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.