Singapore Blues?

I sent Leeson some City programmes when passing through Singapore during his time he was banged up in Changi prison. Don't know if he received them or not as I just put his name and c/o the prison on the envelope.
I think there is a thread on him somewhere on BM.
Met Nick Leeson along with many others in a pub in Rotherham prior to us playing them. seemed just like any other lad supporting City

Nick Leeson never paid the membership fee, typical banker! ;-) And no 'slings' when the S'pore blues meet - we stick to the ol' ale and lager. Real men of the people! :-)

PS: Sorry to hear about the rickshaw incident. While there are clearly not many of these vehicles left over here, mainly catering for visitors, LFC memorabilia can be found literally everywhere ...

Oh heck if there's no Slings then I ain't coming!! I was looking forward to a Singapore Sling!! I took a photo of the rickshaw for my son, Liverpool supporter don't ask me where I went wrong!

Rick, good to see there's 'blue life' up in KL - give us a shout in case you're ever down south, on the other side of the Causeway.
Is there a group of you guys meeting for matches?

There is a loose group of blues that meet up in Bangsar for the matches, nothing formal as most of us are out of KL from time to time. I will give you a call next time I am in Singapore over a weekend.

@Oldskool Will they be serving Singapore Slings? When I used Singapore as a stopover on my way to Oz I enjoyed a couple in Raffles, just after taking a photo of a cycle rickshaw thing with a big Liverpool FC cushion in it!!!
I am sure I saw that rickshaw in Malacca, Malaysia last January. It may be a different one though!

Sunny regards from the tropics, fellow Blues!

The Singapore Blues are the officially affiliated supporters club of MCFC in Singapore and consist of a motley bunch of Blues from Singapore, neighbouring South East Asian countries as well as expatriates from the United Kingdom and other European countries.

Whether you’re an exiled Kippax lad that’s relocated to Singapore because of job or love, or a City regular visiting the city state for a vacation or that stop-over on your way to Australia - give us a shout and join us for a pint when the Blues take the field and we’re flying the City flag in one of the bars on Quayside. Despite some of the kick-off times being rather hideous (middle of the night), we always find a decent place that shows the City match and serves cold beer.

We also meet regularly for football sessions. So if you think you’re a bu
manchester-city-singapore-fan-club-futsal-session
dding Sergio Agüero, we look forward to your skills on the astro-turf pitches of Yishun, Ang Mo Kio and Tampines.

Looking forward to hearing from fellow Blues in and around Singapore.

Up the Blues!
Oldskool

Mail:kippaxed@outlook.com
Web:http://mcfc-sg.com/news-and-events/
Facebook:www.facebook.com/mcfcsg
Recently rocked-up in Singapore. You guys still active?

I had the pleasure of being in Singapore for the "milkgate" Derby game. A great night was had by all the local blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.