Singing section/Atmosphere

How many people are there in the singing section ?

Obviously not enough.
I'd say you need a block of minimum 1,000-2,000 to have a chance to get the close sectors and then the rest involved. Standing.

Btw, are there still plans to extend the north end?

Would it not be possible to split the number into 3 and have a section in East/South + CB stands? Or would that be too much of a logistical nightmare? I do think it's a case of whilst they're all together people just let them get on with it and don't bother joining in.

Would it not be possible to split the number into 3 and have a section in East/South + CB stands? Or would that be too much of a logistical nightmare? I do think it's a case of whilst they're all together people just let them get on with it and don't bother joining in.

You may be right, but better start with a 1st step and get one sector loud.
Adding further sectors is a second step, IMO.

You may be right, but better start with a 1st step and get one sector loud.
Adding further sectors is a second step, IMO.

Totally agree mate. I just think if people had smaller singing sections in their stands they would be more likely to join in.

Having a scan through some of the posts on here and fail to believe some of the comments.

Nobody can control the songs at a game, if somebody decides to sing Edin Dzecko or "who is that c**t in the cap" this has not been instructed by 1894 or any singing group. Personally I try to encourage club anthems about our wonderful club and stick to simple songs, that's how the clubs with a good atmosphere that have good travelling fans create noise.

A lot of fans want the Poznan back, I agree, its probably the best thing to happen at the Etihad, but you cant force fans to do it as many fans feel it is in the past. We have tried.

"Bluemoon" must come back, but it is in the hands of the hierarchy at city not the fans.

Dimming lights before a game, setting the scene, this has gone for now due to security reasons.

As for the post saying "motto on bedsheets". In the four years of having banners printed in Poland / Germany and personally painting banners on 10m lengths of material I can confirm a bedsheet has never been used. Next display will see a 30m x 3m banner dropped, biggest in UK. Take some fkn bed sheets that would !!

Btw I have issues with a couple of guys in the group, I’d love it if you were one of them. Don’t know his name but young lad with short blonde hair waves one of the flags in the south stand and before the spurs game was chanting songs on the tray about gassing and Jews etc. Other guy I have a problem with is a older bloke, bald I remember seeing him at Watford at the front. Turning round trying to get the crowd going and getting pissed off and mouthing off.

Btw please stop singing the dzeko song makes no sense whatsoever, we score a goal and that’s the chant that gets started, somehow most of the south sing it as well! Loudest it gets is when that song is sung ffs

If I heard someone singing that I might pay his face with a visit from my fist! Vile chant arguably worse than any M***ch chant

Apart from a quiet period at the start of the second half I thought it was decent yesterday in 116. Maybe there is something wrong with my ears! Or maybe it is difficult to tell what it is like outside your immediate area.

I think there are quite a few pockets of fans that sing scattered amongst 114 to 119ish but the sound doesn't seem to travel well compared to away games when it only needs 3 or 4 fans to start something and it will spread across the blocks pretty swift. This is despite more and more tourist fans who contribute nothing being interspersed amongst away crowds. Obviously drunkennes is a clear factor in away games being better atmospheres generally so cheaper alcohol in the ground would probably improve things as has been mentioned a lot over the years!
Definitely think acoustics are a factor as I could not hear 119 singing stand up if you love city yesterday despite being only a few blocks away which is interesting.

It can all come across as excuses though and the main thing is for people to make the effort if they want to improve things as generally if someone starts singing loud enough or joins in with others on their row people Will join in.
I noticed when looking to move seats for cup games that when you go to look at tickets for 114 or 115 they mention that it is a designated singing section and not appropriate for all so it could help if the warning came up for all south stand lower blocks possibly as you do get more day trippers there now who don'the have any intention of singing (probably don't know or understand the words in a lot of cases tbf) Its frustrating i agree that some people choose these areas to try and experience the atmosphere without contributing themselves but like I say you just need a few more to join in and it should spread across the blocks and stands more. Acoustics and increased tourists and a different kind of fan are not something which we as supporters can do a lot about.

There's nothing wrong with acoustics. As you said yourself, it's an excuse. I could hear the Newcastle fans just fine.

@Mike S nailed it. Too many people want to be near the singers/away fans but not participate. Too many spend their time engaged in "banter" rather than making a positive contribution.

There's nothing wrong with acoustics. As you said yourself, it's an excuse. I could hear the Newcastle fans just fine.

@Mike S nailed it. Too many people want to be near the singers/away fans but not participate. Too many spend their time engaged in "banter" rather than making a positive contribution.

it really doesnt make much sense. we've always had that as well. however one thing we did have was a 'kippax corner' that actually sung. that corner bit in the ground was great a few years back, now its silent. even on the derby you used to get everyone singing in the concours - that doesnt really happen now. from the replies on here seems like a lot have moved out and been replaced by non singers. i think thats been one of our biggest problems - losing that section

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.