Singing section/Atmosphere

I have been thinking this for a while now.. We need a 're-jig' in terms of seating... we need one stand behind are goal which is just for the city fans.. (not separated with away) This will increase atmosphere and also give the team advantage when kicking to that goal.. Just an opinion blues

First time in 110 on Saturday - unsurprisingly it was much better than being in 128 where the missus and I sat last time (when she’s not with me I’m normally in 217). Being able to stand up all game was an absolute pleasure.

But my god the acoustics really do suck. So difficult to hear anything the singing section were doing. Not enough overhang from ss2 and the roof is just too high to have an impact, whereas it does help those in ss3.

I know making improvements often means moving people around but something definitely needs to happen. Maybe even just stick a Perspex cover from ss2 over the singing section would be enough to help in the short term?

Hello all,

We are currently conducting some market research as part of our final year Business Management Consultancy Project at Manchester Metropolitan University, and having been in contact with MCFC’s marketing team, they have directed us to this forum. We’d be extremely grateful if you could complete the 5 minute questionnaire (link below) which focuses around the ways in which football fans wish to interact with their Premier League football team, be it at the stadium, at home or anywhere else.

Primarily the questionnaire is targeted towards those aged 21 years and below, however we would still appreciate responses from anyone that falls outside of this age group.

Thank you in advance, and if you have any questions or further comments you’d like to add to the questionnaire please feel free to do so.

Also, apologies if this is a little off-topic for the thread, if there is a more appropriate one please let me know.

Ethan

Maybe we could organise the chanting better? I know spontaneous chanting/banter is funnier, but chanting over all improves the atmosphere and leads to other chanting. Ideas to organise it a bit more could include:

- Like Real Madrid, have a chantleader with a microphone at the front (but sounds a bit false)
- allow the supporters club to put songsheets on the seats in the designated singing area, with suggested times during the game to chant certain songs
- Get a hard core of say 50 singing fans to sit together and give them cheaper season tickets if they sing for most of the match
- display words to songs at certain times during the game on the scoreboard/ advertising hoardings so everyone can have a "singalong"

Clearly these are all random ideas, but they might provoke a good idea that gets adopted, by someone!

Maybe we could organise the chanting better? I know spontaneous chanting/banter is funnier, but chanting over all improves the atmosphere and leads to other chanting. Ideas to organise it a bit more could include:

- Like Real Madrid, have a chantleader with a microphone at the front (but sounds a bit false)
- allow the supporters club to put songsheets on the seats in the designated singing area, with suggested times during the game to chant certain songs
- Get a hard core of say 50 singing fans to sit together and give them cheaper season tickets if they sing for most of the match
- display words to songs at certain times during the game on the scoreboard/ advertising hoardings so everyone can have a "singalong"

Clearly these are all random ideas, but they might provoke a good idea that gets adopted, by someone!

It is good that fans come up with ideas, always helps.
Think we have exercised just about everything that can be done apart from our key aim which is safestanding and possible new full end behind the goals when expansion next comes in.
You can plan as much as you can pre match but all that goes out the window when the game kicks off and in the English game its very spontaneous and banter / new songs. It isn't possible for anybody to dictate a song or when it should be sung. Fans also don't like rehearsed stuff which in Europe and other countries works well hence they make more noise.
Great example being Basel recently in the CL, solid 90 mins chanting with drums / megaphone. Its not accepted by fans over here apart from the odd one or two.

It is good that fans come up with ideas, always helps.
Think we have exercised just about everything that can be done apart from our key aim which is safestanding and possible new full end behind the goals when expansion next comes in.
You can plan as much as you can pre match but all that goes out the window when the game kicks off and in the English game its very spontaneous and banter / new songs. It isn't possible for anybody to dictate a song or when it should be sung. Fans also don't like rehearsed stuff which in Europe and other countries works well hence they make more noise.
Great example being Basel recently in the CL, solid 90 mins chanting with drums / megaphone. Its not accepted by fans over here apart from the odd one or two.

God, imagine if we orchestrated it like Basel at the Etihad, 90 minutes of the Edin Dzeko song complete with marching band and morris dancing.

God, imagine if we orchestrated it like Basel at the Etihad, 90 minutes of the Edin Dzeko song complete with marching band and morris dancing.
I'd prefer that rather than 90 minutes of knitting, uploading selfies to Instagram and reporting fellow supporters for singing to loudly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.