Singing section/Atmosphere

I'm in 115 and I'm an Edin Dzeko singer but we're all happy to change to something different. It's up to the rest of you to stop moaning about acoustics and start joining in.

I'm in 115 and I'm an Edin Dzeko singer but we're all happy to change to something different. It's up to the rest of you to stop moaning about acoustics and start joining in.

Exactly...

Its amazing how when the other season Clatenburg pissed fans off and 2,000 fans singing "oh Clatenberg is a f***n ars***e" rang round the stadium. Did a new roof slide over because it travelled well then ! We just need to join in.

I can't speak for the FOCs in L3 or the Family Stand.
But you will do some day, young 'un. I used to stand in the middle of the "singing section" of the Kippax in the late 60s/early 70s, but time catches up with all of us.
Personally, I can't stand up for 90 minutes these days, but get as pissed off as you do about the selfie cameras and half and half scarves.
And don't get me started about.....................!

But you will do some day, young 'un. I used to stand in the middle of the "singing section" of the Kippax in the late 60s/early 70s, but time catches up with all of us.
Personally, I can't stand up for 90 minutes these days, but get as pissed off as you do about the selfie cameras and half and half scarves.
And don't get me started about.....................!

I suppose you could muster a song after you've unglued your mouth from all the toffees...

God, imagine if we orchestrated it like Basel at the Etihad, 90 minutes of the Edin Dzeko song complete with marching band and morris dancing.
here comes the song police to try and drive a nail into the singing sections coffin ,well done mate you really are a big help

It is good that fans come up with ideas, always helps.
Think we have exercised just about everything that can be done apart from our key aim which is safestanding and possible new full end behind the goals when expansion next comes in.
You can plan as much as you can pre match but all that goes out the window when the game kicks off and in the English game its very spontaneous and banter / new songs. It isn't possible for anybody to dictate a song or when it should be sung. Fans also don't like rehearsed stuff which in Europe and other countries works well hence they make more noise.
Great example being Basel recently in the CL, solid 90 mins chanting with drums / megaphone. Its not accepted by fans over here apart from the odd one or two.

Fair points. It’s such a shame that we can’t find a solution to a problem that people desire to be fixed. There’s clearly a desire by some (how many, I’m not sure) to create a hard core “ultra” style singing section, but it’s never really got off the ground. The Kippax in full voice was intimidating, just as the Kop and other stands are today and it gives the home team a lift and the away team a bit of fear. Either way its a definite advantage for the hoe team, and as we want City to win, it’s an avenue we should continue to explore. Maybe it’s the new wrap-around stadia that are the problem as they don’t define stands, and therefore identities? Just seems strange how there is a problem we all want solved, but are unable to do so!

Fair points. It’s such a shame that we can’t find a solution to a problem that people desire to be fixed. There’s clearly a desire by some (how many, I’m not sure) to create a hard core “ultra” style singing section, but it’s never really got off the ground. The Kippax in full voice was intimidating, just as the Kop and other stands are today and it gives the home team a lift and the away team a bit of fear. Either way its a definite advantage for the hoe team, and as we want City to win, it’s an avenue we should continue to explore. Maybe it’s the new wrap-around stadia that are the problem as they don’t define stands, and therefore identities? Just seems strange how there is a problem we all want solved, but are unable to do so!

Yes it is a desire of most to see a good atmosphere but there are the excuses or reasons like acoustics etc, but at the end of the day it is down to the fans to sing. Opportunities are there to sing, section is set up. We rack our brains to say stand at the front / stand at the back / stand at the middle, but if the fans aren't willing to sing throughout the game even if it is nil nil, the noise wont travel.

It is a culture thing more than anything. 1894 aren't looking to be hard core ultra style but having said that there needs to be some sort of grouping to solve the issue of few singers and being spread out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.