Sir Bruce Forsyth RIP

Bruce was a consummate professional and all who knew him said he was a real gent. So we'll played, Bruce, but I couldn't stand you. Sorry.

R.I.P. Sir Bruce Forsyth

As another poster stated, I'm not usually affected by celebrity deaths, but I always said I'd be gutted when Brucie died - and I do feel genuinely sad this evening.

I'm 47 years old so grew up initially watching The Generation Game on a Saturday night with my gran babysitting me and my brother , so they are fond memories.

Then later Play Your Cards Right, when he re-joined The Generation Game and The Price Is Right.

When my daughter was around 6-7 years old, we'd often have a game of "Play Your Cards Right" and she would always be Bruce.
On one occasion, my stepdad was doing the "Higher / Lower" bit and managed to get to the end successfully. In his celebration, he playfully picked my daughter up and spun her round.
Completely dead pan and serious, my daughter said "Oi, you can't pick Brucie Up"!!!!! (just a personal memory there!!)

Again, has been said, avoided any scandal from the seventies and the Beeb.

Loved the guy

Not my bag like so I'm not on the ball with it but if he's done that long without a scandal and he's done the programmes he's done and obviously entertained a lot of people then fair play. 89 a good age and obviously lived a good life so fair play and RIP

Before we get too gushy, and he would rip us for being morbid about him I'm sure... who did he prefer - Spuds or Gooners?

(Merson and Adams say higher)

Hoddle says higher than a king

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.