Joey Barton

His statement makes me want to vomit. What a coward. His therapist needs shooting.

I laughed at his lay but thinking about it that's probably the most disgraceful bet he made, wonder if he had the chance to pass the Greek in for a shoe-in?

People might laugh at what I'm going to say but when we bought Samaras his stock was actually quite high at the time. He scored a fair few goals in the second half of that 2005-06 season and when he got injured playing against Wigan 2 days before our FA Cup quarter-final against West Ham, Pearce got a proper slating for playing him in a largely meaningless game so close to an important cup tie.

It's not severe at all imho, it sets a good precedent as match fixing is a huge issue.

You guys have no idea how much dodgy business goes in betting, even at Premiership football, you won't see it on UK bookmakers but Asian bookies where liquidity allows to bet huge stakes, Sbobet, BETISN, SingBet, huge swaths of money for no apparent reason, and they usually get it right.

Although football isnt as bad as Tennis imho the authorities just dont care.

Are you implying that some Premier League matches are fixed, or at least influenced to try and engineer an outcome desirable to those who've bet huge stakes?

It could explain a lot if so, Leicester getting so many favourable decisions last year, and Chelsea this year for example. And how many times we get fuck all, which suggests the officials must be in on it, or pressured to influence in a certain favour.

If this is true, then football can fuck off, I'm done with it. Don't want manufactured fake results just to line the pockets of some fat Asian paedo.

Are you implying that some Premier League matches are fixed, or at least influenced to try and engineer an outcome desirable to those who've bet huge stakes?

It could explain a lot if so, Leicester getting so many favourable decisions last year, and Chelsea this year for example. And how many times we get fuck all, which suggests the officials must be in on it, or pressured to influence in a certain favour.

If this is true, then football can fuck off, I'm done with it. Don't want manufactured fake results just to line the pockets of some fat Asian paedo.

I can't say if its fixed or not, the situation is like this, odd BPL game every few weeks or so gets unprecedented amount of money on Asian bookies, in some of these bets there's a late team news that key player is missing ( and the syndicates that place these bets get that news before anyone else ) but there are games that there is basically zero reason to place such huge bets, and the only viable reason is some dodginesss going on.

Secondly, these huge stakes do not always win, the bets are usually at even odds and I'd say 55-60% win which, while that may mean low, in terms of betting this is absolutely huge, the stakes are 5 and 6 figures. HOWEVER often the bets that lose are the ones that seem to be associated with team news changes, the ones that there is zero reason for such big stakes seem to win more, but I'd have to do some more research on that.

So whetever there is something going on is hard to say, but there must be some infos passed. This is more obvious at lower levels, Italia Serie B has fixes every week and nothing is done about it and basically all lower leagues in football are tainted as fuck.

Premiership and basically top few leagues do not seem to have as big problem, but it still happens imho.

And just to say, these are not just Asian people, this is global, but it all happens on harder to access Asian bookies which have liquidity that is unmatched by customer betting sites like Bet365 or whatnot.

The only good thing about Sky deal and shit is that there is so much money in Premership that these syndicates literally can't just go to players and offer them X money for doing something stupid. I believe most of these bets are leaks from team news, so they have to pay someone from the staff but again as I said there are unexplainable matches that one would not put 100k without some strong reasons to do so.

P.S. Btw funny thing, Canadian Football is the most fixed shit you could ever witness, almost every game is fixed on certain scoreline, or HT/FT. The league is run by mafia from Serbia/Croatia, they even have teams named after the countries.

There were official investigations but of course nothing came to it even though every match is fixed to some extent to make the owners of the league richer, I mean I applaud their entrepreneurship, they literally created a league so they could fix it :D

Last edited:
Draft statement from D Gill:

"Manchester City, henceforward to be referred to only as FC Pariah, are held responsible for Barton's activities, and are immediately stripped of all honours in their history. Said honours are transferred to the record of the closest Premier League team (edit: secretary, make that senior team, as no other divisions actually count, DG)."
Brilliant.

What' shocked me about this is not that Barton has done something so wrong as I wouldn't expect anything different from the little shit but that the media seem determined to defend him. Even sensible and intelligent journalists like Henry Winter are claiming that an 18 month ban is too harsh and that he has a point about the proliferation of betting companies and their relationship with football. Even if he has (and it's not an unfair point) this has nothing to do with the way he consistently and knowingly broke strict rules over a long period. It's a typical Barton "it's someone else's fault" deflection.

What' shocked me about this is not that Barton has done something so wrong as I wouldn't expect anything different from the little shit but that the media seem determined to defend him. Even sensible and intelligent journalists like Henry Winter are claiming that an 18 month ban is too harsh and that he has a point about the proliferation of betting companies and their relationship with football. Even if he has (and it's not an unfair point) this has nothing to do with the way he consistently and knowingly broke strict rules over a long period. It's a typical Barton "it's someone else's fault" deflection.

Bang on. It's classic deflection tactics from him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.