Six Nations 2017

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Blue Smarties, 30 Jan 2017.

1. leighton

leighton

Hate to say it told you so. Ireland deserved the win dominated the ball. The stats dont lie. England for all this record is all about. During that streak they havnt got the win over the All Blacks. Peter O Mahoney was brilliant a huge preformance he wasnt playing until the injury to Heaslip but Ireland have 3 World Class flankers in Stander and O Brien and O Mahoney.
    The guys on here slagging me off about Ireland sure what do I know about Rugby. This brilliant England side got beaten at ease. The guy who saying we spoil the games bullshit buddy. Ireland can play a open game look at the game the win against the All Blacks they were open enough in both games. Creating chances. So happy for all involved we deserved the win today. I will always have faith in Ireland in the 6 nations. We have a talented squad a team that is capable of beating the best teams.
    Also here is a stat for the English naysayers. Ireland have beaten the top 3 Nations in Rugby in the 6 months. For a small pool of rugby players to pick from it is some going compared to the teams they have beaten.

2. bluethrunthru

bluethrunthru

professional underacheiver
    Reminded me of a City performance TBH - caught cold at the start and never really got going

3. Uncle Wally One Ball

Uncle Wally One Ball

shark fisherman
    Wayne Barnes.
    what a ****

4. Danish Blue

Danish Blue

Restaurant owner

Unfortunately you were wrong. Poor again around the breakdown and set piece not good enough. Never been convinced by back rows with no open side or "fetcher", Haskell isn't good enough as he makes too many basic errors. If you play Itoje at blind side you need a proper open side. You shouldnt need to worry about power with Billy at 8 obviously these issues become simplified when Kruis returns. Hartley's place must be in danger and Zincler is making a case to start.

As for Lions Hogg is a shoe in, as is North, with no Halfpenny, Daly may find a spot as he or halfpenny add a dimension keeping opponents honest.

I can see

Hogg
    North
    Joseph
    Ringrose
    Daly
    Sexton
    Laidlaw/Webb

In the back line

5. blueinsa

blueinsa

Rag Hunter!
    Yep, you told us all.

Now just learn how to beat the Welsh and Scots and maybe you too will win a 6 Nations.

You are favourites every year after all ;-)

On a serious note now, Ireland where outstanding yesterday so credit where it's due

6. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

I'd add: O'Mahoney, Murray (if fit), AWJ (captain), Best
    Likely: Warburton, Halfpenny, Itoje as they can play in more than one position.

The rest is anybody's guess- the other 3 second rows will be Eng/Ire. Might be a Scottish prop.
    Not sure on Daly.

7. Danish Blue

Danish Blue

Restaurant owner
    I haven't had time to think forwards, it's tough. However I appreciate Daly isn't the best wing but if you don't play Halfpenny, which you don't if Hogg is fit, you play Daly, plus he can play anywhere in the back line so always a good tourist. I may be wrong but that's my thinking.

Also a bit of politics normally squeaks in. England won so they will squeeze a few extra in. Kruis will play if fit.

Itoje will go because again he can play anywhere. They will have to pick one Irish an in the back row at least however the Scottish back row was great too so it's a real tough one. Billy will play 8 if fit. This will be the best Lions side in my memory if they get it right.

8. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

The back row is anybody's guess really! As you say, the squad will be great, working out the starting XV is down to the coaches.

So many options, depending on style. Assuming they take 6 in total, I think it likely to be 2 or 1 Welsh, 2 or 3 Irish, 1 Scot, 1 English (BV). Plus Itoje as a joker.

It all depends on the style. If they want to compete with NZ and disrupt, then Irish/Scots revel in that.

9. Danish Blue

Danish Blue

Restaurant owner
    Incredibly tough to pick

I'll go

Vunipola
    Owens
    Furlong
    Jones
    Lawes
    Itoje
    Vunipola
    Tipuric

Webb
    Sexton
    North
    Joseph
    Ringrose
    Daly
    Hogg

If half are correct as starters for the first test I'll be surprised.