Six Nations 2017

Great game. The Irish pummelled us but we hung in somehow. Taking the kick to go back in front gave them the psychological edge and played it out brilliantly.

Such a strange feeling actually winning our first game. If that had been out fiitball team we would have made an arse if it.

Well done Scotland. Onward to Paris.

Looking ominous.
If I'm honest, I thought we were done after Ireland took the lead. They showed enormous character to grind that out. Is there a better candidate for Lions captain than Laidlaw. Kicker, scrum half, little napoleon, referee's little helper, leader of men. Another fantastic performance.

Very poor from Ireland today in the first half. Were playing like they thought they just had to show up and win. Second half was much better but still a lot of sloppiness. Line out was terrible throughout which needs to be sorted if Ireland are going to have any chance of a championship. Good news is it doesn't look like France or England will be picking up a winning bonus point. Championship will probably still come down to the Ireland England game on the last day

If I'm honest, I thought we were done after Ireland took the lead. They showed enormous character to grind that out. Is there a better candidate for Lions captain than Laidlaw. Kicker, scrum half, little napoleon, referee's little helper, leader of men. Another fantastic performance.

At times it was looking through the fingers as the Irish were like a Tsunami for 25 minutes if the second half.

Anybody thinking of sticking a bet on at that time would have placed it on Ireland without a doubt.

Their line outs let them down and a few rub of the greens for us. We just hung on like demented mad Scottish bastards and converted the penalty. From there the momentum swung and we kept possession brilliantly and converted again.

There was a lot of optimism around about the potential of our team, but as you know that is usually fatal for us as we usually make an arse out of it and our sporting history us littered with falling on our arse when we think we are good. So well done to everyone of our players for bucking that annoying as fuck national trait.

Seems unreal. :)

No excuses today. Ireland had a lot of possesion a lot of ball like City do and we got hit on the counter attack. Great finishing from Hogg. Ireland were so poor in the first half they turned it around in the second half same again Ireland dominated again scored the trys they deserved some handling issues. Honestly think that Ireland should of got the extra try needed to win the game in that second half only for Heaslip to make a poor decision to pass than to go to the ground and recycle the ball. Its just fine lines that won Scotland the game. They could of had a player yellowed carded in the first half for collapsing the scrum time and time again it seemed. A poor first half cost Ireland the game.

I think there will be a few changes for the next game. Wouldnt be shocked to see Peter O Mahoney brought back into the 15 he is a leader in the pack for maybe Sean O Brien with Sean on the Bench or maybe Stander at 8 with Heaslip on the bench to get O Mahoney back into the team. Hopefully Jonny Sexton is fit sooner rather than later. Jackson played well in there but it just seemed slow and predictable in that first half for Ireland sadly.

Scots tries were great the 1 from the lineout no one from Ireland seen it coming after getting the try back that was the sucker punch before half time we didnt need. So fair play to the Scots Ireland are a strong team with a great bench but some times as Pep would say they scored from there chances they got. We just were poor in that first half so much it cost us at the death of the game. The 2 soft penalties aint great in the second half to give away the 2 penalties could of been stopped too but Scots deserved it as they tackled well. Scored when they got the chances. Also the Penalties situation has to change the lenght of time it takes to take the penalty at the death took them a mintue to take the last kick to kill the game off. Time wasting something has to happen there but hey ho every team in the championship would do the same.

Roll onto the next game.

Ireland didn't have enough grunt up front with Heaslip once again doing his show pony routine.
Scotland thoroughly deserved the win.
England don't carry much attacking threat but they are still a bloody good side and ground out a win against the French.

Scotland game one of the best I've seen as a neutral.

England really scrappy against an organised french side but we ground out the win and thats all that matters.

Never really been into rugby started watching it through the last six Nations.
I haven't got a clue what's happening or the rules.
But what a great game brilliant mikes better than watching gay footballers rolling around pretending to be hurt

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.