Six players in the starting XI were in their 30's today

Think Juventus had a older side and won the league but Italian football is slightly different.

They are much poorer now though since they sold Pogba, Vidal, Tevez and Morata. They still have top quality though at their core, Chiellini, Marchisio and people like that are huge players which keeps them up there. For us I think we have a few players like that but they are all attackers. We do not have anyone of top level quality in our own third and that is the problem.

Stones will come good I hope but who else is there, I have no confidence in our full backs, Otamendi is too wild and we usually have a makeshift defensive midfield of several players someway into their 30's. Fernandinho is obviously the only one who stands out but he is getting on abit and has cost us dearly through stupidity this season.

Looking at our attacking line, there isn't many better and beyond a Silva replacement you would of thought it would stand the test of time for the next few years. We are obviously going to be pinning our hopes on Gabriel Jesus too. My main worry is to get the team to Pep's level we are going to need to replace at least Yaya, Navas, Kolarov, Zaba, Sagna, Otamendi, Fernando and maybe even Kompany all within the next 6 months. That is going to take some serious backing from the owners.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.