Skin conditions

Indaparkside

Hi all recently got diagnosed with psoriasis just came on all of sudden, it started with a bit of dry skin on elbows and knees but has now spread. The consultant has started me on light treatment at the hospital the nurse I'm seeing says it has a 98% success rate for psoriasis but will eventually come back. Just wondering if anyone else suffers with skin conditions and how they treat theirs, thanks in advance for the replys.

Hi all recently got diagnosed with psoriasis just came on all of sudden, it started with a bit of dry skin on elbows and knees but has now spread. The consultant has started me on light treatment at the hospital the nurse I'm seeing says it has a 98% success rate for psoriasis but will eventually come back. Just wondering if anyone else suffers with skin conditions and how they treat theirs, thanks in advance for the replys.
Go in the sun as often as you can, do not put sun screen on your effected parts it helps dry the condition out
Rich people with your condition spend months on end around the Dead Sea area as the sunlight is supposed to be the purest light on Earth, your back garden will do though:)

Go in the sun as often as you can, do not put sun screen on your effected parts it helps dry the condition out
Rich people with your condition spend months on end around the Dead Sea area as the sunlight is supposed to be the purest light on Earth, your back garden will do though:)
Cheers pal hoping this sunbed at hospital works

How old are you ?
I've had at since I was about 5 years old and I'm now middle aged.
Was pretty bad at one time (on legs and head) but now I only have it on my elbows.
Can't get rid of it but I use "Enstilar" to keep it under control.

I suffer with it and have had 20 years, I've tried countless creams and lotions non really work. I take baths in Dead Sea salts which does help a bit. Holidays are great as it disappears for a while, off to Tenerife in just over a week so hopefully see the back of it for a while. Good luck mate hopefully you get it under control.

I suffer with it and have had 20 years, I've tried countless creams and lotions non really work. I take baths in Dead Sea salts which does help a bit. Holidays are great as it disappears for a while, off to Tenerife in just over a week so hopefully see the back of it for a while. Good luck mate hopefully you get it under control.

I've tried all sorts of creams and lotions also. I went to a Chinese Medicine type bloke who charged me a fucking fortune for some stinking mix that didn't work - I'm sure it was just Asda curry paste.

The light treatment worked for me but it came back about 12-18 months after the treatment ended. It's as bad on the legs but not as bad on the torso or arms.

Everyone who's replied thanks very much so debilatating, apparently hospital said the waiting lists for psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis etc is massive as your skin is the biggest organ in your body and the amount of people who have skin complaints is massive,also the investment is minimal so no funding for it

I used to go into hospital for weeks every so often for tar treatment.
Worked a treat but after the Summer it always came back.
Never put on a cream for years bar E45 a few times.
Try and go abroad every year and learn to live with the condition.
Everybody is different,find out what's best for you
That way you should be able to keep it under control for most of the year.

Ive had P since childhood. Never had luck with creams, Dovibet, Sinilar, etc. The light treatment works well until you come off it, but then it always returned.
Methotrexate an anti cancer drug almost fuckin killed me. It flattens your immune system chum. Currently on a drug called fumaderm. Its a unlicenced german drug which needs to be given out by your dermatologist. If you go on this it will give you savage shits for a couple of weeks, If they don't go try taking an imodium tablet with them it worked for me. I have been clear since taking fumaderm with no side effects since I got over the trots. Believe me I was covered from head to foot before I took this drug.
Alcohol and fags don't help either, drink loads of water, easy on the sugar. Google Barneys formula if you want to go down the vitamin route. Also Peganoes diet if you want to try the food advice.
Finally get rid of anything that is stressing you out, that includes your season ticket for this very unpredictable football team we all support. Ive defo been worse since the fuckin takeover chum. Good luck mate, pm me if I can help with anything. Good luck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.