Sky really take the p!$$

Well I walked in Oct and there was absolutely no way you could cancel BUT call.
I cancelled at the start of last year and did it on chat - I told them I was emigrating to Australia the following month and it still took over an hour to cancel. They have scripted responses and can't deviate from them - I'm leaving the country "Which channels do you like to watch", I won't be here to watch them "We can surely work out a package for you". Just cancel it will you "But will your family miss the movies"
It was a joke, I think my last line on the chat was "I have repeatedly asked you to cancel my subscription, I have a copy of this chat, I will cancel my direct debit, good bye"

I only found out the cancel by chat option through google as it is not clear or easy to find on their site.

Phoned them up because my bill is creeping up to £100 a month and I only have sports, box sets and broadband. Said I'm considering leaving because of this and the fact that I've been complaining about having a dud box for 9 months and no one has done anything to help. Their solution : to try and flog a new box to me for £100 and £12 a month for the privilege, and an increase in my monthly bill from April.

Are they for real? Do they not realise they have competitors! Think it's time to leave, the MUTV leaflet through my letter box was bad enough but this is beyond the pale!

Leave then ffs.

I cancelled at the start of last year and did it on chat - I told them I was emigrating to Australia the following month and it still took over an hour to cancel. They have scripted responses and can't deviate from them - I'm leaving the country "Which channels do you like to watch", I won't be here to watch them "We can surely work out a package for you". Just cancel it will you "But will your family miss the movies"
It was a joke, I think my last line on the chat was "I have repeatedly asked you to cancel my subscription, I have a copy of this chat, I will cancel my direct debit, good bye"

I only found out the cancel by chat option through google as it is not clear or easy to find on their site.

Possibly just an Irish thing.

Think it's time to leave, the MUTV leaflet through my letter box was bad enough but this is beyond the pale!

I got rid about 3 years ago after reading a letter that my monthly subscription was going up 3 quid to £78.

On ringing, a smarmy **** said - "ah but we're giving you MUTV for just £3 more sir".

I blurted "right, fuckin' cut me off right now"..... "No need to swear sir"..
You're taking the piss, I'm a City fan , cut me off, today!"

Zgemma, Openbox, Kodi , there's loads of options other than being bum**! by Sly, just get rid.
Good luck

I cancelled yesterday (only have phone and broadband). Found the web chat link easily enough but crap computers at work meant it wouldn't load. Phoned them up expecting lots of hassle but was all done in five minutes or so. Did get a bit of 'we can go cheaper' patter but I said I was moving in with family until sale of new house goes through and they already have Sky (true). Did get an email later though saying thanks for taking us with you to your new house and a link to how I can track the move! Maybe my hassle will come later.

I was with Virgin but just fucked the lot off including the phone 18 months ago. Retentions rang but I was adamant. The guy was desperate to keep a customer so I said I might consider keeping the broadband (I always intended to) if they gave me the latest Superhub for free and whacked it up to 150mb. Pay £24 for it and more than happy to seeing as the bill had been £79.
What I saved help pay for my 55" Ultra HD Panasonic Viera.

Hook up Kodi and thats all we need. Plus, we all have more than enough minutes on our mobiles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.