Sky rewrite league title history

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by urban genie, 13 May 2017.

1. urban genie

urban genie

Though technically in the premier league sense this is true, a big 2 fingers up at the histree boys, everton, villa, sunderland, Us, newcastle, leeds, Wednesday, wolves, and many more who have won the title.

Football title winners didn't start in 92 you fucking wankers

Chelsea have won 6 titles less than the tarquins, sunderland and villa

2. Shirley

Shirley

So once again according to sky football did start in 1992.

3. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Well, with the ever-decreasing band of Sky subscribers they are preaching to a dwindling audience.

4. dickie davies

dickie davies

Tag team wrestler
    I look forward to the rags changing their lyrics to "13 times"

Oh and I thought Liverpool were the history club!

5. East Level 2

East Level 2

They sell the PL brand; not the "top division" brand or the "old first division or PL" brand or even the "Football League" brand.
    Is anybody really surprised they promote it in this way? We all call armchair fans for thinking football started in 1992 and it's a view they get from Sky.
    Also, Sky like to think they saved football by investing so much, and perhaps they have, but many media analysts claimed Sky could have gone bust in the early 90s had they not got large-scale televised football up and running. Football saved Sky, not the other way round.

6. waspish

waspish

Poor Liverpool no titles just a mid table team

7. crazyg

crazyg

Retired
    Don't you mean Pre - History?

8. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

Uppity Twat
    I was out with a Villa fan last night. Took great delight in repeatedly asking him to remind me how many FA Cups and titles his club had won in the last 100 years.

9. MarsLlama

MarsLlama

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that tweet whatsoever. It's in no way dishonest and even draws attention to the achievements of one of our own managers.
    And I don't think the use of stats primarily from the PL era only is necessarily a bad thing. Nobody is claiming that football began in 1992 but in my opinion by separating the seasons before and after the creation of one of the biggest leagues in the world we can compile more accurate statistics that are more reflective of modern football. The stats from before '92 still exist, they're still there, they're just not being held up next to the football of today, which is vastly different to how the game was played in the '70's.

Last edited: 13 May 2017
  10. urban genie

urban genie

yes but how many titles have we won finishing top of the football pyramid? not 2