Sky Sports Viewing Figures Down?

They have over done it - there's actually too much football on TV, they hype it up but the last couple of years the Premier League has been poor and the constant hike in Sky's prices has probably reduced the number of subscribers.
Sky's problem isn't the quality of the PL; it's the quality of the teams beloved by the armchair dwellers. Two red-shirted teams in particular.

Guaranteed huge rag win Monday then.....

They'll blame foreign streams etc, not their cash cow being shit. Football fans from various clubs can see the inherent bias towards certain clubs. Their Hubris may break them come next tv deal.

This. I watched the game yesterday online and soccer saturday was on in the background, and the look of pure joy on that prick stellings face when Sergio missed the 2nd penalty made me want to put my fist through the screen. They can fuck right off, and if, as the OP speculates, this is the beginning of the end then bring it on. Maybe the working class man can have his game back.

To watch the premier league in other countries it costs peanuts. Bien sports costs my brother in law £40 a year in Dubai. Then there was the no defunct Premier League Pass in Asia and Australasia which cost 99 dollars a year to watch every premier league game.

Why are we charged nearly £100 a month to get all the games off sky and Bt? I don't bother with neither and stream it off NBC extra time, the coverage is more balanced. I hope sky are quaking in their boots the monopoly they've had by giving subscribers no option but to accept their prices has gone on for too long. This could have serious ramifications for the premier league as when the next deal comes up they won't have the viewing figures to justify paying the money what is paid to broadcast it.

Games outside the top five or six teams are generally a pretty poor standard.

I certainly won't be watching the dross on "Super Sunday" today.

Bein sports costs my brother in law £40 a year in Dubai.
It was pretty cheap when they first got the rights as Al Jazeera Sports, but that was on top of the basic internet/cable package, which has always been at least £50 a month. Nowadays it's £22 a month for Bein on top of a minimum of £65 a month, so not far off the prices you're paying back home. And your TV is infinitely better than the shit that gets shown over here. I sacked it off ages ago and got an Android box.

They have over done it - there's actually too much football on TV, they hype it up but the last couple of years the Premier League has been poor and the constant hike in Sky's prices has probably reduced the number of subscribers.

Exactly my view - way too much football on TV means that it's no longer a novelty to watch a live game on the box. I have the full Sky package as there is other stuff I watch plus I like my cricket so getting shut would be detrimental to me but I pay half price and will make sure I never pay any more than that, otherwise I will get rid. However, I rarely sit down and watch the matches in full these days unless it's a City away game that I'm not at. Despite not being a marquee line-up, I actually watched more of yesterday's games than any other non-City live matches so far this season but that is a rarity for me.

They need to offer a package just for the PL. Something similar to what the NFL do in the states. I'll be honest, I probably don't watch another sport on Sky/BT apart from football. If they offered a package like that I'd have no problem signing up for it, whether it be for just our matches or all the rest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.