Sky Sports Viewing Figures Down?

Haha I've just heard Jamie carragher honestly now... He said he thinks Sturridge may be better than Aguero.

Hahaha and they wonder why their viewing figures are down
You did well to understand what he said, or did you have the subtitles on.

All I hear with him is white noise!

fuck em. had a free month trial with sky sports and barely any games and most have been poor. if they didn't charge so much people wouldn't be leaving. easier to just stream or not watch at all. hopefully sky go bust.

Well their MNF spectacular will be bringing Millions of subscribers to cancel their contracts.

Signed up to a IPTV service tonight to watch this game and then the Champions League games on the other days. If I did it legitimately I'd have to pay double bubble for SKY and BT and worst of all be tied into a long contract. It has just got far too expensive to watch what I would say are basic sports events that everyone should be able to see I.e getting rid of the Tuesday CL game from ITV.

Let's be fair the reason isn't just because people don't think it's very good, if you want to catch the matches then the demand is there no matter how the coverage is delivered on the sidelines.

The reason is Brits are thrifty and we'd simply rather not pay for it or at least not full whack if there's cheaper/free way... it's bloody easy to watch for free these days, they could make it cheaper across the board yes and give less reasons not to pay for it but I can't see people re-subscribing even if they bend over backwards. I'm not criticizing there but it is concerning because I expect them to go after streaming harder the more people start cancelling their subscriptions completely and we can't have a situation where nobody is paying for a subscription for obvious reasons(although that would be awesome if it was sustainable somehow but it's not).

Last edited:
Several companies and organizations have the chance here to make something truly next-gen in terms of watching football, but pure greed and fear of losing subscribers prevents them from doing it.

I would put forward the example of steam + gog for video games. A decade or so back, video game piracy was rife. It still is going on and it will probably be never stamped out completely, but what many realised with this was that many of the people pirating would prefer to pay, a fair price, to do it legitimately - the instant access to a library of games was just not there at a decent price. and furthermore, a lot of these 'pirates' were spending quite a bit of money on having the right mods, taking an interest in the inner workings of the hardware and software, because they wanted to immerse themselves even more in this hobby of theirs, so the 'saving money' argument didn't always ring true.

Now you can download in seconds almost any game form the past two, three decades, including the latest releases, and the number of offers available is unbelievable - a few quid and even under a pound for many items, the latest having discounts off pricing if you bought from Game or Amazon even, and as a result many people choose to go legit. GOG.com even went DRM free and put a huge element of trust in their own service to overcome the temptation to pirate games.

And I would say the same is the future for football - how many would gladly sign up to a cheap, HD, reliable, football streaming source available on your PC, phone or TV? Say somoene did offer the service, a pound per game regardless of your location, or five pound a month, for every city game in HD, completely guaranteed to never fail to load up. Sky an BT customers would flock in droves, today's streamers would give up on unreliable streams and channel hopping for the reliability, and by offering every game you become relevant to every football fan of every club. I know there are some smaller streaming services doing this but it is not always official and therefore loses a lot f its potential longevity and security. But good luck negotiating the rights with that greedy lot in the PL/FL. They'd rather take a the highest bidder's cash here and now even if it meant the death of the game.

Signed up to a IPTV service tonight to watch this game and then the Champions League games on the other days. If I did it legitimately I'd have to pay double bubble for SKY and BT and worst of all be tied into a long contract. It has just got far too expensive to watch what I would say are basic sports events that everyone should be able to see I.e getting rid of the Tuesday CL game from ITV.

Who with, and on what platform? thanks :)

Just rejoined sky with the new q box phone and fibre max broadband no sport or films but everything else including box sets, was paying £36 just for fibre broadband at virgin

Sky is £26 for a year for the lot so saved a tenner

Will still stream my footy/films and cancel when I'm out of contract and get the next good deal from whoever

It would be rude not too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.