Sky wanting an Xmas Eve game

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Mad Eyed Screamer, 5 Oct 2017.

1. paulchapo

paulchapo

A mate talked me into trying it and I loved it and have been going ever since. I was lucky to get leave every year from work. There are a load of us meet up every year, on the whole the weather is great, although last year it was pretty dismal, the worst I have known. Now I have finished work I am going out on the 13th December and coming back 8th January.

2. urban genie

urban genie

3. Henkeman

Henkeman

3:59 it is then...

4. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

rag hater
    So there could still be a game starting at 3:30?

Or even 3:45?

5. Fred_Quimby

Fred_Quimby

Would there have been such a furore if it had been City playing?

6. Load of fuss over nothing. There are NO trains at all on Boxing Day and haven't been since the 1960's. If they called off the football over Xmas and New Year everyone would bang on about tradition and the game losing its soul. It did that a long time ago and it's a bit late to start bleating on about it.

7. old blue

old blue

Retired
    I seem to remember City playing Burnley away on Christmas Day. My elder brother took me and our Ma was not too pleased. Of course I might be mistaken, it was a long time ago.

8. BlueHammer85

BlueHammer85

I much prefer fixtures all over the place. The random the better.

9. 1957. Away on Christmas Day and lost 2-1. Played them at Maine Road on Boxing Day and won 4-1

10. citytilllidie

citytilllidie

The problem with a Christmas Eve game is that it's okay if it isn't us. But what about upcoming years? Pound to a penny, next years fixtures will line up a biggy. I suppose it's all about broadcasting to the world.