Slippy and Dangerous flooring at the stadium.

Apologies for the title but i do need as many people as possible to read this. Ric and the other mods i hope you understand when you read the following.
My elderly father who has supported City for over 75 years took a horrendous fall at the Feyenoord game and broke his leg. He is in a really bad way and is suffering horrendous pain. His fall way due to a slippery floor at the exit of the gents at 326 in the Colin Bell Stand. Three fantatic people came to his assistance for which i am hugely gratefully. If you were one of those people please PM me as i would like to thank you in person.
I would also like to ask supporters sat in any other part of the ground to share their own experience of slippery floors in the toilets.
I do applaud the club for installing handriers but what this means is that water drips between the sinks and the driers and the blowers blow water across the floors making underfoot very treacherous.
Any comments that anyone may have would be most welcome and if anyone saw my poor old dad slip on the wet floor and/or came to his aid please do get in touch.
Many thanks everyone.
Mick (not a real doctor).
I started a thread about 18-24 months ago regarding the floors on South Stand level 3. My little girl fell arse over elbow and luckily just got wet instead of injured. I emailed the club and council because it was a death trap ( it was gloss paint on the floor WTF !!!) Anyway, a few weeks later the floors were different, a kind of rubber matting effect, which was a vast improvement. There was a guy who had a bad fall not long before I started the thread who was trying to get some answers from the club . Hope your dad makes a speedy recovery and it would be nice if City could send an old player or even a present player to visit your dad. CTWD

This has been ongoing for many a year and without wishing to sound melodramatic is a fatality waiting to happen.
Maybe three or four years back I personally succumbed after an unexpected heavy snowfall befell the Etihad.
We entered the concourse and I remember little after performing a shoot the duck metamorphosing into a Fids and ending flat on my arse with a Jackson Haines spin and being rushed into a med room reserved for fallen heroes.
I smashed my hip but carted on after medication.An utter menace in wet weather but thankfully we did not miss the game.

I slipped in October 2015 after the Seville game and suffered bleeding on the brain, I posted about it at the time. The clubs response was disappointing to say the least, although they did eventually replace the death trap flooring in SS level 1. The legal situation is ongoing and the club have basically absolved themselves of all responsibility and moved the blame onto the contractors tasked with laying the floor.

I read reports that other areas of the ground were experiencing similar problems and said at the time it was a fatality waiting to happen if it wasn't rectified. I hope the gentleman with the broken leg gets well soon.

Apologies for the title but i do need as many people as possible to read this. Ric and the other mods i hope you understand when you read the following.
My elderly father who has supported City for over 75 years took a horrendous fall at the Feyenoord game and broke his leg. He is in a really bad way and is suffering horrendous pain. His fall way due to a slippery floor at the exit of the gents at 326 in the Colin Bell Stand. Three fantatic people came to his assistance for which i am hugely gratefully. If you were one of those people please PM me as i would like to thank you in person.
I would also like to ask supporters sat in any other part of the ground to share their own experience of slippery floors in the toilets.
I do applaud the club for installing handriers but what this means is that water drips between the sinks and the driers and the blowers blow water across the floors making underfoot very treacherous.
Any comments that anyone may have would be most welcome and if anyone saw my poor old dad slip on the wet floor and/or came to his aid please do get in touch.
Many thanks everyone.
Mick (not a real doctor).

Hi mate...hope your dad is feeling a bit better now.
I agree about the bloody floors they are slippy as fuck...the spiral walkways are better than the bloody steps in SS3 ..nearly gone flying a few times myself.

I slipped and fell at the Wolves game, in the East Stand lower concourse, admittedly running to the toilet in extra time, wearing my shoes that don’t have any grip, but how many people have shoes like that? I’d come straight from work. Nothing hurt thankfully, except my pride

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.