Smart Parking Fine

I am not a lawyer, but I have quite a lot of experience of negotiating contracts and working with lawyers and I have to say I am very skeptical as to how enforceable some of these fines are.

Since these are civil disputes, the parking company has to show that you have agreed to these terms and conditions and an implied contract needs to exist.

If you have no idea about such a penal charge, and it is reasonable to assume that the lay person would have no idea, then no implied contract can exist. Suppose I decide to charge the Amazon delivery guy £100 for walking on my drive - do you think I could get that to stick? No chance.

I would tell them you didn't agree to their terms, and that you won't be paying it. I would NOT ignore it.

If they threaten to take you to court, I'd also not ignore that, I would tell them you will defend any court action. And if they do take you to court (very unlikely imho), I would go and tell it straight to the magistrates who I think would take your side.

So legal precedent where they have taken people to court recently and won means nothing to you.

I got a ticket in bolton...free carpark....council run...ticket.for not reversing fully into bay. The back of bay had overgrown bush and could not go further or scratch car. Took photo at time and appealing to traffic adjudicator as bolton council rejected my appeal. I also asked for data on all fines in carpark as think they have created a parking trap by not maintaining bays and cutting bushes back.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I got a parking fine in Jan, I pointed out it was a mistake I'd put my other car registration in, I appealed on the PC with a photo of the ticket I still had, that's over 6 weeks ago and I've heard nothing back, should I take it I won?

My cousins partner has had a parking ticket for overstaying at Lime Square in openshaw. Thing is is that he works there in one of the stores and was doing overtime. He was using her car at the time which now has an unlimited stay on it. They ignored the first letter but have received a new letter for a fine of £236. The company issuing the fine is called CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD. should they ignore it and hold out ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.