Smart Parking Fine

My cousins partner has had a parking ticket for overstaying at Lime Square in openshaw. Thing is is that he works there in one of the stores and was doing overtime. He was using her car at the time which now has an unlimited stay on it. They ignored the first letter but have received a new letter for a fine of £236. The company issuing the fine is called CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD. should they ignore it and hold out ?
calling @aguero93:20

My cousins partner has had a parking ticket for overstaying at Lime Square in openshaw. Thing is is that he works there in one of the stores and was doing overtime. He was using her car at the time which now has an unlimited stay on it. They ignored the first letter but have received a new letter for a fine of £236. The company issuing the fine is called CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD. should they ignore it and hold out ?
I'd burn the bastards out personally.

Think only the police and council traffic wardens can issue fines. Private companies can only issue parking charges which are not enforceable like a fine. They use scare tactics to try and make you pay. However essentially if you don't pay and they do take you to court I read that they can only claim appropriate damages/ loss of earnings equivalent to the time spent. Ie if you are there 10minutes a charge of 100 pounds is not appropriate. I also read that they can try and scare you with blacklisting your credit but they actually cannot do this.

Brick their windows?
You're just making extra work for yourself by not giving full and complete answers in the first instance. Or second. Everyone knows smart parking don't use cameras to record discrepancies, they have a spy network of cats with notepads who grass everyone up.

You're just making extra work for yourself by not giving full and complete answers in the first instance. Or second. Everyone knows smart parking don't use cameras to record discrepancies, they have a spy network of cats with notepads who grass everyone up.
Fucking snitches.

Fucking snitches.
People fall for the cuddly friendly (when it suits them) shit but really if they're not shitting on someone elses garden they're working for dodgy parking firms - it doesm't end there though. Everyone worries about cctv cameras and the government having access to your online history but who worries about cats with notepads. It's the perfect cover, you wouldn't give them a second look.

Anyone know about this?

Friend of mine drove into a smart parking car park in Oldham on Boxing Day to pick someone up. She never even got out of her car and didnt turn the engine off. Because she didn't get a ticket she's received a fine through the post for £60 which increases to £100 if she doesn't pay within 14 days and £100 if she appeals and doesn't win.

I'm tempted to tell her to ignore it but wondered if anybody had experience of these?

This is the organisation that manages Asda's car parks. One day last year I visited an Asda store I've never been to before or since, did my shopping and left. A month later I received a 'follow up' letter from these people accusing me of having parked in a parent and child space, ignored the ticket placed on my windscreen and failed to pay the original 'invoice' of 40 quid and hiking it up to 70 quid. I was originally going to let them have both barrels, pointing out that I hadn't parked in or anywhere near a parent and child space, didn't have a ticket affixed to my windscreen and that one of thir employees was presumably trying to meet his/her target by putting through a completely bogus ticket.

However, I came across a post by kinkyblue in another thread and wrote to them with his suggested wording in the first instance to see if that worked. It did and the 'ticket' was cancelled. The post is reproduced below.

If you ever get a fine from Smart Parking (they do Asda etc) use this phrase to appeal, I have just had 4 fines cancelled

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process. The driver was a genuine customer and saw no signs. I note your notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to PoFA 2012 schedule 4 para 9 in several aspects .

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.