Smoking

good to see that some things never change lol
Point is - it has changed overall I think. Just the odd game/situation. They don't get paid enough to deal with a big bunch of pissed up fuct off city fans. I've seen some serious (proper racist one time) bullying of showsec staff in those bogs in the last 2 seasons.The derby will be the same - winning, losing or drawing (winning).

I hate to spoil the happy atmosphere but it's started again in the toilets near 109/110 I thought the club had sorted it out but alas it was as bad as ever yesterday as an ex smoker I understand how powerful the addiction is, but FFS think of the non smokers and the kids with the range of nicotine replacement therapies available you could last a game without a fag

And let me tell you this, Ducado hasn't just stumbled upon one of, if not THE most heinous crime to ever be committed to print. No, I have seen worse. (Please draw breath, for I know it's hard to understand how anything more sinister, more macabre could occur at a football match attended by grown men). I'm afraid it's worse. Much worse. Last Saturday (for it was then) I saw someone smoking one of those "spliff" things. Shocked to the core I was. Illegal. And what's more, the smoke could have wafted over and into my 7yr old son's synapses, immobilising him for at least a millionth of a billionth of a nanosecond. What has happened to this once great club? The signs say "No Smoking", the PA says, "No Smoking" and yet, and yet, we have men (and I daresay a few recalcitrant women) who just want to cause mayhem on them terraces; who take delight in the carcinogenic terror they wreak on all an sundry. I say, bring back the painted orders that once adorned The Kippax and "commit no nuisance" - those were the days. We sat, mute, hands clasped over mouths for fear of inhaling a whiff of the pipe smoke that had drifted from The Gardeners and by Christ, if anyone sparked up, well, we'd tell 'em.. "Stop. You're running the atmosphere. Literally and metaphorically." I can recall now my first memories of Maine Rd - sullied by smoke. Not for me the roar of The Kippax. Not for me, the madness of The North Stand. No, just smoke, endless smoke. Please, let's no go back there. It will "spoil the atmosphere".

smoking was strictly forbidden in Maine Road and in the whole area of Moss Side... :)

And let me tell you this, Ducado hasn't just stumbled upon one of, if not THE most heinous crime to ever be committed to print. No, I have seen worse. (Please draw breath, for I know it's hard to understand how anything more sinister, more macabre could occur at a football match attended by grown men). I'm afraid it's worse. Much worse. Last Saturday (for it was then) I saw someone smoking one of those "spliff" things. Shocked to the core I was. Illegal. And what's more, the smoke could have wafted over and into my 7yr old son's synapses, immobilising him for at least a millionth of a billionth of a nanosecond. What has happened to this once great club? The signs say "No Smoking", the PA says, "No Smoking" and yet, and yet, we have men (and I daresay a few recalcitrant women) who just want to cause mayhem on them terraces; who take delight in the carcinogenic terror they wreak on all an sundry. I say, bring back the painted orders that once adorned The Kippax and "commit no nuisance" - those were the days. We sat, mute, hands clasped over mouths for fear of inhaling a whiff of the pipe smoke that had drifted from The Gardeners and by Christ, if anyone sparked up, well, we'd tell 'em.. "Stop. You're running the atmosphere. Literally and metaphorically." I can recall now my first memories of Maine Rd - sullied by smoke. Not for me the roar of The Kippax. Not for me, the madness of The North Stand. No, just smoke, endless smoke. Please, let's no go back there. It will "spoil the atmosphere".

About as funny as death. Life has moved on. The vast majority don't smoke and want to go to the toilet and not stink. Seems reasonable to me. This is not 1980. Think Ducado makes a valid point.

Oh dear. Sarcasm - the lowest form of wit

Point is - it has changed overall I think. Just the odd game/situation. They don't get paid enough to deal with a big bunch of pissed up fuct off city fans. I've seen some serious (proper racist one time) bullying of showsec staff in those bogs in the last 2 seasons.The derby will be the same - winning, losing or drawing (winning).

Excellent point. If the reaction on this thread is anything to go by, stewards need tasers & full body armour to deal with a bunch of blokes who believe it is their right to take over the place to smoke. I can imagine the aggro

MCFC branded nicotine lozenges/gum.

Smokers would be proud to use them. Club would be helping the smokers. win/win

forzest-20-mg-250x250.jpg

If you and the smokers truly believe this, why be furtive about it and sneak off to the bogs? Very reminiscent of the bike sheds when people were 12. Why not just light up in the stand, have a couple on the bus and/or tram and finish off smoking 10 in the pub? Because it's not allowed, that's why. If you accept the last point, that is, it's not allowed, then there is no argument to be had, unless you advocate that the law only applies in certain places? In that case it would seem the law applies everywhere in England, except for a very small part of some lavatories and a bit of spiral walkway in Manchester and that sounds a bit unlikely.

So, it begins. Once they have stopped the smokers where do you think the PC gestapo will strike next. Alcohol ? Bad for health, the smell on clothes, bad breath. People sneeking into bogs for a quick sip of a flask. Others complaining that secondary fumes can harm children. Then it will be certain foods.
The only good thing about banning all these things is that I don't end up like a jack in the box before and after half time with people having to get their fixes. Hope they find a way to ban car fumes then no one will need to leave early.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.