Snapped Achilles-fit for travel doctors note

Kippaxian

Booked flights to India back in April 16 for travel on 17th Feb 17.
Snapped Achilles week before Christmas and am now in Aircast Boot for the next 8 weeks or so.
Have got travel insurance but they need a doctors note to say unfit to travel in order them to reimburse costs (operator won't refund as promo fare was bought)

Technically I CAN travel, as I can let the air down in the boot for the flights, but I would rather cancel and rebook later in the year when I can enjoy the holiday and not be on crutches throughout.

Anybody had one of these signed before? Are the doctors mithered about signing them ( they charge for completing) or should I be ok in getting one?

I had a DVT/PE so was very unwell and was unable to go on my honeymoon 3 months later.
My doctor signed me a form without any issue and he also did it free of charge. Some docs charge £25 but I can't see you having an problems getting it done as it's clearly a legitimate issue

Good luck

Just milk it a bit and you'll be fine. I got one for a dislocated shoulder a few years ago no problem

Can't see why the doc should give you a hard time, what were you doing to snap it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.