Snowflake society

snowing down here this morning but not sticking,its the parents that are too afraid of the kids getting injured more than the kids not wanting to do it,soft as shit they are these days

snowing down here this morning but not sticking,its the parents that are too afraid of the kids getting injured more than the kids not wanting to do it,soft as shit they are these days

Its a real worry. I am sure like many on here back in the day we just used to play out. I used to be given £1.50 and clipper card and told to entertain myself in the summer holidays. Used to travel to Macclesfield and Oldham and wherever and explore new places. When we were not doing that it was football in Fog lane Park - literally about 30 hours a week from aged 8 to about 15. Kids just on the phone these days. I despair at my 3. Trying hard to toughen them up but they are absolutely soft as shite!

We were all out building snowmen yesterday on the pitch the kids were supposed to play a game on, it could easily have been cleared with a few snow shovels and brooms. Called off because the roads were bad, not because the kids didn't want to play, my son was in tears when I told him the game had to be cancelled.
Don't blame the kids, it's the over protective parents and the scare mongering media, apparently there's a pedo / rapist/child abducting snatch squad, waiting behind every tree these days....

Apparently, kids in the Midlands are not at school.
I only remember being sent home once from school, when the boiler broke down, and that was in the afternoon, nobody, ever missed school because of snow, and sometimes drifts were 6 foot deep in places.
We get a bit of bad weather and some of the hysterical handwringing and doom forecasting from the telly broadcasters is laughable.
Remember to wrap up well,
don't go out unless it's vital and other namby Pamby mard arse shite.
Snowflake generation indeed.

Everything went to shit when we let the US culture of suing people when you get hurt infect our country. Schools have no choice now, if some kid slips n the ice then some parasite lawyer will be round the parents house convincing them to sue the school. Inevitable result is the schools and businesses stop taking chances as they simply cannot afford the constant petty lawsuits.

Everything went to shit when we let the US culture of suing people when you get hurt infect our country. Schools have no choice now, if some kid slips n the ice then some parasite lawyer will be round the parents house convincing them to sue the school. Inevitable result is the schools and businesses stop taking chances as they simply cannot afford the constant petty lawsuits.

Honestly, would the kids even come out if they were allowed too? My friends kids play video games on a level I have not seen.... unless its like some messianic online cult. They even watch E-Sports, whatever the fuck that is? I don't know if I'd trust some unathletic tween who's never seen a sled to go flying down the road into oncoming traffic. That actually DOES seem like an accident waiting to happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.