Snowflake society

I’d sledge or play in the snow and also hook up the Sega Master System II at home. Both are good.

We're surrounded by hills and fields and the schools are shut......not a single kid on a sledge. I suppose they're all tucked up in bed getting offended on facebook.

Thats funny, there was a news item on here about the snow in UK and it showed loads of families out sledging down hills and building snowmen, must have been library tapes from the 50's :)

Thats funny, there was a news item on here about the snow in UK and it showed loads of families out sledging down hills and building snowmen, must have been library tapes from the 50's :)

Yeah...later that day I went past about 4 kids sledging down a hill all waving as I drove past, next doors had taken his lads out sledging and our dogs all pissed up the same snowman today so happy days are here again.

Never had a day off school for weather. If, like me, you were brought up in Mcr in the 50s, you will remember going to school in thick smog, kids with scarves tied round their mouth to keep out the coal smoke. If you tied a white handkerchief* on your mouth, when you arrived, there was a black ring with an inner splash of yellow from the sulphur.
I loved the sweet smell of coal smoke, went well with my woodbine.**
*A handkerchief was a small square of cotton for blowing your nose on !!
** A woodbine was a small cigarette, 5 for a bob.***
*** A bob was.....well, ask @karen7

What's all this 'when I was a kid nonsense'. The only reason we were out playing in the snow was because our mams kicked us out. She didn't want us in the house no matter what the weather, there was no kids TV, no electronic games nothing so we were booted out so she could do housework without us lot mithering her.

What's all this 'when I was a kid nonsense'. The only reason we were out playing in the snow was because our mams kicked us out. She didn't want us in the house no matter what the weather, there was no kids TV, no electronic games nothing so we were booted out so she could do housework without us lot mithering her.

I think our mothers were seperated at birth.

My mum was only 5'3 but by fuck, she didn't take any shit from anybody I still remember fondly her giving me a right barrage as I towered a foot and about four stone more than her. When I would laugh at her shouting like a demented wee Tasmanian devil it made her even worse. :)

We too had a distinct lack of amenities in our bedrooms and weather didn't make a dent on my mums views that we went out and she got on with her housework.

Some of the best games of football we ever had were in weather you wouldn't let a dog out in now.

The thing is every mum had the same approach and outlook.

One good thing is I don't have a fear of going out in bad weather.

Still have a fear of 5'3" women with attitude though.:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.