So Pep failed at Bayern?

You should have watched the game, they got truly fucked over by the ref. The uefa darlings got a nice helping hand with a 2nd yellow card on Vidal that wasn't.

Good luck to Juve tonight, they'll need it. 3-0 might not have been enough in the first leg.

I did watch it. I also saw Bayern batter Atletico under Pep, hitting posts and crossbars.

Many will argue we also got fucked over at home to Monaco, when a clear penalty and sending off was in order.

Just making the argument the narrative is only convenient for those who are all to quick to dismiss Pep and insist winning the Champions League twice was to be expected with the team he created.

His Bayern team was also special, but shit happens at this level.

It's no surprise Leicester lost to the first decent team they faced in the entire tournament.

So say all those clowns who continually push the narrative that him not winning it at the club was a failure, owing to his collection of world class players and easy dominance in a two-team league.

Imagine my surprise then, this morning, nobody in the English media is referencing Carlo Ancelotti's failure at the quarter-final stage last night against Real Madrid?

Last time I looked, Carlo took over a team that won domestic trebles and was able to add Hummels and Sanches?

It serves to remind just how difficult it is for any major power to win the Champions League, and Pep losing in three semi-finals to Real, Barca and Atletico shows that.

As does his achievement winning the bloody thing - TWICE.

#justsaying

Would be interesting to see where we would be with any other manager with this squad IMHO he has over achieved

You can't judge a man by cup competitions.

It's hard to compare and contrast Pep with Ancelotti because the German league is a one horse procession despite the UK media lovefest with Dortmund who are total also rans.

One thing's for sure OP, Ancelotti has had a better season than Pep this year whether we finish as high as 3rd or as low as 6th. Winning a 1 horse race in some style in your 1st year is imo better than finishing distant also rans at a club which has been tailored to your specifications.

You should have watched the game, they got truly fucked over by the ref. The uefa darlings got a nice helping hand with a 2nd yellow card on Vidal that wasn't.

Good luck to Juve tonight, they'll need it. 3-0 might not have been enough in the first leg.
This. Disgraceful pro Real officiating.
Two offside goals and a sending off for a 2nd Yellow as a result of a perfect in control sliding challenge. Games like this tend to prove that football is bent.

This. Disgraceful pro Real officiating.
Two offside goals and a sending off for a perfect in control sliding challenge. Games like this tend to prove that football is bent.
Bayern's second also shouldn't have stood because of offside, and their first was a very soft penalty, while they got a joke of a pen in the first leg too (and I think their red was just about justified last week). Shocking refereeing all the way in any case, but I was surprised how unprepared and a bit shit Bayern were throughout these two games. It's not exactly rocket science to create chances against Zidane's Bayern as most of the Spanish teams prove it, yet it was Real who completely dominated in terms of shooting.

You can't judge a man by cup competitions.

It's hard to compare and contrast Pep with Ancelotti because the German league is a one horse procession despite the UK media lovefest with Dortmund who are total also rans.

One thing's for sure OP, Ancelotti has had a better season than Pep this year whether we finish as high as 3rd or as low as 6th. Winning a 1 horse race in some style in your 1st year is imo better than finishing distant also rans at a club which has been tailored to your specifications.

I like how you chose to miss out the fact Pep also won the title in his first year at Bayern with months to spare.

City are not even in the same postcode this year as Bayern.

I like how you chose to miss out the fact Pep also won the title in his first year at Bayern with months to spare.

City are not even in the same postcode this year as Bayern.

Not sure how the fuck he's decided that his city team is "tailored to Pep's specifications" either...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.