So, whatever was your problem Mr. Blatter?

Has the technology to make the process so seamless been around for the last 10 years? My understanding of Blatter's opposition was that he didn't want there to be any delay in the game. Maybe the manufacturers only proved how quickly it can be used relatively recently. I know they also had other problems in the past when developing this technology, such as the presence of the players themselves triggering it.

Judge Roughneck said:
Sorry if this is discussed elsewhere but I haven't seen it.

What was the protracted resistance from Sepp towards goal line technology all about?

With another small piece of City history the other day with the first goal granted due to GLT came the realisation that it totally enhanced the game rather than detracted from it.
If that was down to any of the officials to make that call it would have undoubtedly led to much wailing and gnashing of teeth from the fans and players on the wrong end of the decision, not to mention the languid disapproval of Hansen & co if after six replays from multiple angles they adjudged that the decision was wrong.

Instead the decision was seamless, virtually no delay, no inquests, no fuss. A breath of common sense and a total modern game success.

So why did it take Mr. Blatter so long to do a Man from Del Monte on this simple common sense measure?

You would have to be a dead blind man to see that ball hadn't crossed the line though so although it was used because it was there it didn't really need to be.
Having said that it will be very useful in closer decisions

Dubai Blue said:
Has the technology to make the process so seamless been around for the last 10 years? My understanding of Blatter's opposition was that he didn't want there to be any delay in the game. Maybe the manufacturers only proved how quickly it can be used relatively recently. I know they also had other problems in the past when developing this technology, such as the presence of the players themselves triggering it.
same technology as Hawkeye, so its been around since 2001, and only the premier league deciding to use it in 2013 forced his hand he'd still be delaying it.

aguero93:20 said:
Dubai Blue said:
same technology as Hawkeye, so its been around since 2001, and only the premier league deciding to use it in 2013 forced his hand he'd still be delaying it.
It's not exactly the same technology though. I definitely remember reading about the difficulties they had in successfully applying it to football because of players breaking the line.

Dubai Blue said:
Dubai Blue said:
It's not exactly the same technology though. I definitely remember reading about the difficulties they had in successfully applying it to football because of players breaking the line.
I'd say they could have adapted it fairly quickly had FIFA given them assurances the system would actually be used, they would have been able to put a decent amount of energy and resources in then.

because he's a ****, a dried up wrinkly old **** and the thought of anything new is anathema to him.

Yer've too many *'s, aguero93:20. Blatter is a FOC - only needs ***!!

He clearly has no grasp of the nature of modern life and couldn't run an airworks! If he goes for another term and gets re-elected then FICKFUFA will need some good people half a pace behind him.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
because he's a ****, a dried up wrinkly old **** and the thought of anything new is anathema to him.

Yer've too many *'s, aguero93:20. Blatter is a FOC - only needs ***!!

He clearly has no grasp of the nature of modern life and couldn't run an airworks! If he goes for another term and gets re-elected then FICKFUFA will need some good people half a pace behind him.
Him and Pardew would make a nice couple alright.
Personally, I'm hoping another term for Blather and the inevitable embarrassment and controversy that will surely bring, along with the outcry from the Qatar world cup, might actually bring about some serious and much needed reform within FIFA.

It worked perfectly for our 100th. Almost no delay. The CGI "replays" were nice too - leaving spectators at the ground and watching on tv in no doubt as to whether it was in or not. Great stuff.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Judge Roughneck said:
Sorry if this is discussed elsewhere but I haven't seen it.

What was the protracted resistance from Sepp towards goal line technology all about?

With another small piece of City history the other day with the first goal granted due to GLT came the realisation that it totally enhanced the game rather than detracted from it.
If that was down to any of the officials to make that call it would have undoubtedly led to much wailing and gnashing of teeth from the fans and players on the wrong end of the decision, not to mention the languid disapproval of Hansen & co if after six replays from multiple angles they adjudged that the decision was wrong.

Instead the decision was seamless, virtually no delay, no inquests, no fuss. A breath of common sense and a total modern game success.

So why did it take Mr. Blatter so long to do a Man from Del Monte on this simple common sense measure?

You would have to be a dead blind man to see that ball hadn't crossed the line though so although it was used because it was there it didn't really need to be.
Having said that it will be very useful in closer decisions

Fair point mate but it wouldn't have stopped the Cardiff players arguing the toss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.