Solar eclipse

So the sun is 400 times the diameter of the moon and 400 times further away so they look the same size. On the only planet where we know there's anyone to appreciate the show. What an incredible coincidence! Billions of planets so I suppose it's like those infinite monkeys typing - one will eventually write the works of Shakespeare. Unless of course it's not coincidence but design.
Do you thinks it's design?

Had to tell the Jamaican kid at work not to look at the eclipse yesterday.
He had been waiting to see it all week.
You can actually watch the TOTAL eclipse, it is the before and after (or not total) that'll blind you!

Chicago: 90% coverage and for about half the time we had just enough cloud coverage that no-one really needed glasses to see it! Was perfect! However, once the clouds moved off, it was back to the specs! We (wife, son and I) watched for about 5-10 mins, but my daughter and a group of her friends drove down to Carbondale in S. Illinois (7 fucking hr drive!) to see the total eclipse! Mental! Glad I didn't live down there, game was on by then!

At work they put out a pilot bulletin to tell pilots not to do any "maneuvers" to allow passengers to see it if they were in flight in the area! With the sun so high in the sky, such "maneuvers" would equate to steep turns to roll the cabin windows to face the sun! Haven't heard any reports of pillocks yet, but I'm sure there will be one or two that slowly work their way around Ops!

So the sun is 400 times the diameter of the moon and 400 times further away so they look the same size. On the only planet where we know there's anyone to appreciate the show. What an incredible coincidence! Billions of planets so I suppose it's like those infinite monkeys typing - one will eventually write the works of Shakespeare. Unless of course it's not coincidence but design.

Wibble

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.