Songs mocking the dead

Rascal

El Presidente
Team supported
RCD Espanyol
This is worthy of perusal, it made me think

Make of it what you will

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/17/football-songs-mocking-dead" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... cking-dead</a>

Funny how it comments on us calling scum the "M" word, but fails to mention the sheep singing "Where's your Foé gone?" after MVF's death!

Or indeed their songs about Hillsborough and Istanbul.

Very strange, that!

Vienna_70 said:
Funny how it comments on us calling scum the "M" word, but fails to mention the sheep singing "Where's your Foé gone?" after MVF's death!

Or indeed their songs about Hillsborough and Istanbul.

Very strange, that!

I think case in point in was that we all do it regardless

just some well known ones where made a point of.

I loathe any chants about Munich and personally have never done so but his analogy of calling Yankees' fans 'Ground Zeros' is ridiculous and flawed.

The sentence 'At least in Italy Juventus fans stopped mocking Torino's 1949 plane crash once they had experienced their own tragedy' made me stop in my tracks too.
At least some good came of 39 people dying hey Daniel. It made those rotter Juve fans have a good think about their previous song choices.

Was an interesting read though from a sometimes exceptional writer.

Or those Manchester City supporters who argue it is acceptable to refer to Manchester United as "the Munichs" on the basis it is just a nickname that has evolved over the years. To which the best response is: "Go see the New York Yankees and try calling the locals 'Ground Zeros', see where it gets you."

I bet the New York Yankee's don't have an hooligan firm who christened themselves ' The Ground Zeros' though, unlike the plebs who have had firms called the 'Young Munichs' and the 'M58 Crew' in the past.

Two wrongs don't make a right though.

We as City fans can try and make a stand against the "M" word but there are far too many of our fans who just won't conform.

It isn't as bad as it used to be but there are still a few songs out there.

I spent the weekend with a Spurs fan who was shocked like everybody else at what happened against Bolton but he admitted that if it was somebody like John Terry who was lying stricken on the ground, he was not sure how his fellow fans would have reacted.

Rivalry is one thing but lets put a stop (as much as we can) to mocking the dead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.