Songs we no longer sing.

I always liked the Dedryk Boyata song.

DEEEDRRRYYKKKKKKK!!!
Boyata Boyata
Boyata Boyata
Boyata Boyata

Anyone remember when Tommy Doc got fired from the rags for having an affair with Mary Brown (the club physio's wife)?

Who's up Mary Brown?
Who's up Mary Brown?
Tommy Tommy Docherty.
Tommy Tommy Docherty.

I was going to mention this chant, but I always thought at the end it went

"Tommy, Tommy Docherty
Who the fookin hell is he"!!

Another chant which used to get an airing pre-match in the pubs was

City is our name
City is our name
We've won fook all since Elvis died
City is our name

I think it was easier to come up with original chants when we were shit!!!

Anyone remember when Tommy Doc got fired from the rags for having an affair with Mary Brown (the club physio's wife)?

Who's up Mary Brown?
Who's up Mary Brown?
Tommy Tommy Docherty.
Tommy Tommy Docherty.

and

He's shot,
He's come,
All over Mary's Bum,
Tommy Doc
Tommy Doc

What were we thinking?
Baseball Ground late 70's? We were young and enthusiastic. If I remember correctly the story only broke the day before. Long before social media,so hat's off to the wag who thought up that little ditty so quickly.
May have been mentioned already but the song sang each week "If you're going (insert next away match) clap your hands" You don't get songs like that anymore! :-)

For the older fans...................

In 1963 my friends we went to Division 2.
The Stretford End cried out aloud its the end for the Sky Blue.
Joe Mercer came, we played the game. We went to Rotherham.
We won one nil and we were back in Division 1.
Since then we`ve won the League, we've won the Cup, We've been to Europe too.
And when we win the League this year we will sing this song to you.
CITY,CITY,CITY,CITY.
My hearing has never been good but I sang as the opening line "Back in the days of '62 we were in Division 2". But at least I got the rest right!

Na na na na na na na na na na na,
City's goin up, goin up,
City's goin u-up...
(To KC & the sunshine bands Give it up - er, we didn't go up the first season we sang that..,,83/84)

We'll be up by 5 O'Clock!
(Followed by a, er, defeat and the battle of Meadow Lane in May 85)
Replace "up" with "top" and you'd still get a defeat...eg Sheff Weds home in '83/84.

You can't take the magic roundabout...

Who put the ball in Portsmouth's net?
Nicky, Nicky
Who put the ball in Portsmouth's net?
Nicky, Nicky Reid
(After a late looping header by said short arsed (5 9 n a half inch - always remembered that as I'm the same height) central defender completed a late turnaround to win 2-1 from 0-1 down)

I used to love it in the early to mid 80s when if we got a corner, particularly Playt Lane End, a large number of us on the Kippax made a sound like a plane...like holding a note of Ciiiiiiiii(ty).,,,really atmospheric...

Who's up Mary Brown?
Who's up Mary Brown?
Tommy Tommy Docherty.
Tommy Tommy Docherty.

and

He's shot,
He's come,
All over Mary's Bum,
Tommy Doc
Tommy Doc

What were we thinking?

Love the line
"What were we thinking"...pissed myself laughing reading that!

not really chants but songs. does nobody else remember some loonies at the back of the kippax in the 70's who used to sing the beer at home means davenports advert all the way thru. and a nutter from bury or somewhere who used to sing every verse of rawtenstall fair when fuck all was happening on the pitch. weird bunch of long haired lads

Old classics

Ryan Giggs is ilegitimate (though the last verse is inapropriate)

The shitty man united went to rome to see the pope

I had dog his name was rover

Pardoe, pardoe we're off to mexico
with bell and lee and sumerbee
pardoe, pardoe, pardoe

I also remember one about knickers, gobbles and plums but I never sang it so don't remember how it went

It went,
Why don't you rip off yer knickers and show us yer clit, we are man city you know you love it,give us a gobble and suck on me plums, we are the Manchester boys,nah nah nah nah.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.