Son's yr 11 prom suit....

Rammy Blue

Sure I'll get lots of interesting replies, haha.....

Anyway, out of my mates im the one with the eldest son, got his prom in a few weeks and over dinner he brings up about when are we going to get his suit and then proceeds to tell me that "everyone" is getting a designer suit and reels off Ted Baker etc

Just done a quick scan and I'd be looking at circa £400 by the time I've sorted all the bits, to be honest I'm gobsmacked as I thought it would be just any old nice looking suit from say Slaters at circa £100.

Obviously don't want to be seen as the grinch, and I'd never deny him what he wanted, but I just think he's either talking shite or his mates are full of shit.

I understand girls probably spend a lot on prom dresses but just wondered from my bluemoon clan, who have had sons that have gone though this, is it expected to break the bank for the suit?

TIA.

Proms? What happened to just all meeting up in the nearby field with a few bottles of cider and all getting half naked? Kids today eh!

Anyway, House of a Fraser in Alty have special 'prom' suit deals on or there's always Slaters in town.

Why cant you just rent out a designer suit rather than paying all that for 1 night not as if you will see him in it again. I rememeber at my Debs we all rented out suits and headed off to a hotel for the big send off. Cheap as chips it was.

Get it a little too large, it will do him for interviews when he gets out. I mean goes for jobs. ;-)

Prom? WTF? Are we in A-fcukin-merica?
4417645.jpg

Rent it boss, fuck 400 quid for a party suit he may wear one or twice more before he grows out of it or simple lack of use. Unless all his mates are posh fuckers who play cricket and have cucumber sandwiches, possibly wear monocles i doubt he will get anything like the use out of it you would want for the price mate. To the point there is a good chance he will not wear it again.

I didn't go to prom but my brother did, him and his mates all got theres from Slaters and there wasn't a problem. Chances are he'll grow after prom anyway and the suit will be useless for job interviews etc, don't want to be forking out £400 for one night. Better renting it if you're going designer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.