Son's yr 11 prom suit....

Fucking proms.

This was my Boy he'd be shown a video on youtube of impoverished children, earning a few quid a month to make these designer suits and how he can either go along and be a Sheeple or be a Human Being and be an individual, refusing to buy such shite as it's unethical.

If he still wanted the suit, he'd be required to work for the money.

PS... If you are adamant of a suit, moss bros in town regularly have half priced suits which are just out of season or may have a slight stitch out or something.
Seen few grand suits in there for 2/400 quid.

Same with Tk Maxx, they often get full decent suits in after buying some out of season stock from top designers.

I didn't go to prom but my brother did, him and his mates all got theres from Slaters and there wasn't a problem. Chances are he'll grow after prom anyway and the suit will be useless for job interviews etc, don't want to be forking out £400 for one night. Better renting it if you're going designer.
That's what I thought, I reckon him and his mates are all just chatting the chat, full of shit.

If you buy an 11 year old a £400 designer suit you want your head wobbling.

Perfectly good suits for kids in Next. Have a look on line. You'll get the lot for under £100.
See above, he's 16. It's more the peer pressure shite, it's a one off and a really big deal for them all, and I would never want my son to be anything other than up there with the best of them.

Haha, ffs. I've always thought OP was my age, around 24/25.

When I had my prom I rented the suit. Wouldn't have worn it again. Then again, that was a solid 8/9 years ago. Even within that time it's shocking how self aware and fashion conscious high school kids have gone.

I blame Instagram and Snapchat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.