Souness

I like him. Proper dirty bastard when playing but he's done it all and won it all several times over. Backed himself as a manager, even when not necessarily the best and sticking that Galatasary flag in the middle of Fenerbahche's pitch shows some balls. Strikes me as a man who won't be told what to do or say by anyone.

He is an excellent pundit but I hated him as a player. I always thought he set out to deliberately injure opponents when he had the natural ability to leave out that side of his game but chose not to.

He said another good point yesterday. He said in his time at Liverpool, they knew they had more skills than almost everyone they came up against. All the manager had to do was tell them to match the effort of the opposition. That's what City haven't done but if they had, they'd have won the title.

Souness is far and away the best pundit on TV , says it like it is , he was spot on about our players letting the supporters down this season , and we should have run away with the league , the guy just talks sense and very much doubt any sport programme/editor would have the bollocks to tell him to follow an agenda.

Always liked souey,great footballer hard as nails with it,surprised he only got sent off twice in is career.
Look Liverpool got treated well by the referees in the 70s and 80s

Ask some City supporters who went to Anfield back then .

Souness and Neville are/were the two best pundits out there, by some distance. Carragher has also grown on me (apart from his bloody accent!).
Scousers sound like when you pull the neck of a balloon and let some air out

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.