Southampton (A) Post Match Thread

Great result. Thought the whole team played well but credit to Navas and MOM for me was Kompany. Controlled the game, clean sheet, iffy ref decision.

Second half fantastic and a clean sheet to boot,what about kompany,team looks completely different when he's at the back,just hope pep doesn't decide to rest him next Sunday ..

Job done, 3 points, great to see Vinny score and Sané/Aguero keep up their recent scoring form.
Scoreline maybe flattered us a bit, saints didn't create much but largely restricted us outside of a 3 or 4 minute spell in the second half. Noticeable again that we're not scoring when we have the opposition penned back in their box, first goal was from a set piece and the second and third from quick transitions once we won the ball back, so a few tweaks needed to our approach.

Roll on the semi final!

Solid professional performance. Southampton kept their shape but we managed to cut them open in the second half. Vincent Kompany brings assurance and leadership in that backline and it showed today with everyone playing well including Otamendi and Clichy. Navas has been playing well anyway for the last few games and he continued with that today. That shot from outside the box was something. I don't think De Bruyne will be deployed in a deeper role anymore as his strengths are better harnessed in a free/ right wing role and he was instrumental.

Job done and three points.

Its a great day for Komapny, and i liked the link up between aguero(in midfield lol), kev and sane. But that first 50-60 mins was dreadful...thank VK for forcing them to come out really. Nothing was created from open play.

Choosing to ignore GAPING flaws in city's attack against stubborn defenses, just because space has opened up at the end(which AGAIN wouldn't have if Vinny hadn't scored a header) is naive at best. Pep certainly wont be ignoring it...crucially.

I only say this as a couple of people starting gleefully declaring match thread criticism to be "appalling" before the thread ended.

I have to say though if sane gets better at the same rate next season, you could have the next ronaldo on your hands...especially if he gyms it up too.
You must love watching City instead of your fare week in week out lol

Navas brilliant, shut up all the doubters.

Peps found Navas's best position. He has the speed the aggression & the experience for this role & he's not expected to score!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.