Southampton Post Match Thread

To be fair it is what I expected - they( the FA ) have to at the very least put a marker down that any repeat can not be accepted. No way should opposition managers be talking to opposition players immediately after a final whistle....I for one would not appreciate anything similar happening to one of our players whether it is positive or not.

What if a player didn't want to hear anything from opposition manager in the same situation and pushed that manager away ? - I can see it quickly escalating into something less positive.

I hope it will be nothing more than a public statement of 'don't do it again or else a ban....' and Pep says 'i'm so so sorry......'
Agreed!

Being a robot with no emotion it would have shocked me if you disagreed..
I am all about what's right, even when its not emotionally convenient.

That to me, even as a City fan, looks like a soft tapping up. Pep compliments an opposing player by telling him he wished he had shown more of what he got attacking wise. You know, coz he is "so, so good in his final actions." Then said player responds by throwing his current boss under the bus " Yeah that's what my coach told me to do".

I mean, come on... Talk about undermining another's authority.

Whether intentional or not, that's what in fact transpired. Pep unknowingly undermined Pelegrinos authority. Its not Pep's place to do that.

You can compliment the guy, but saying you expected him more to attack in the just concluded game, knowing fair well that his manager must have instructed otherwise is simply uncalled for. Pep was wrong. He should know better. And even he said as much.

It was poor behavior. And I need not condone it simply because he is great or my manager.

Last edited:
The game was frustring Pep and some of our players (as at Huddersfield for that matter). It explains the jubelant celebrations at tehe end (as at Huddersfield). Than again Pep imho was out of order to speak in the way he did to one of their players. I'm sure Pep can see that and despite it all being positive, he should simply apologize (again), so the FA can put him down as an exemple to other managers not to do this, no matter the circumstances. Let's be fair, if another manager would do this to one of our players, evenmore so in the emotional way Pepuess Klopp or Conte could do this), we would all be fuming at this manager.

Than again it can't take away then Sterling scored in the final second of the game that we (again) fully deserved to win. Let's hope we don't run out of luck soon. Despite we deserved the win, I felt we were luckywhat goal by Sterling to score in the last second. So s this nowtime istead of Fergie-time?

We weren't lucky - we had had a perfectly good goal chalked off a minute earlier

I am all about what's right, even when its not emotionally convenient.

That to me, even as a City fan, looks like a soft tapping up. Pep compliments an opposing player by telling him he wished he had shown more of what he got attacking wise. You know, coz he is "so, so good in his final actions." Then said player responds by throwing his current boss under the bus " Yeah that's what my coach told me to do".

I mean, come on... Talk about undermining another's authority.

Whether intentional or not, that's what in fact transpired. Pep unknowingly undermined Pelegrinos authority. Its not Pep's place to do that.

You can compliment the guy, but saying you expected him more to attack in the just concluded game, knowing fair well that his manager must have instructed otherwise is simply uncalled for. Pep was wrong. He should know better. And even he said as much.

It was poor behavior. And I need not condone it simply because he is great or my manager.

He's a professional football manager at the most elite level of the game.

I'll absolutely guarantee you that his "authority" wasn't undermined one single bit by Pep Guardiola telling one of his players he should have attacked more.

People that devoid of leadership don't exist at the higher echelons of the game

He's a professional football manager at the most elite level of the game.

I'll absolutely guarantee you that his "authority" wasn't undermined one single bit by Pep Guardiola telling one of his players he should have attacked more.

People that devoid of leadership don't exist at the higher echelons of the game

I'm being facetious, but two words:

Gareth Southgate.

We weren't lucky - we had had a perfectly good goal chalked off a minute earlier

Yep, and there's nothing lucky about a strike of Sterling's quality whatever minute it comes in. To do it in the last minute second is a testament to his character and calling it luck is an insult tbqh

You can say the one against Huddersfield was fortunate fair enough but that was sheer class

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.