Southampton Thread 2015/16

Rejected a £20 million bid from United for Schneiderlin.

Still two years left on his contract. No need to sell at that price, I'm sure Southampton are a very comfortable club after last summer and the new tv money.

Unfortunately (because i only hate the rags more) they are run very well....there's a very good reason they are anti FFP and voted against it.....the owner (family) has plenty of money,they only sell if players want out or would break the wage structure, which is comparatively very low to all the sides who finished above them...i believe the top earners are on 60 or 65K a week.The money they got for the dross they sold last year was a right bonus to them.
However if they want to sustain where they are they need to up those wages.....fact they are against FFP seems they are likely to when they need to.

Unfortunately (because i only hate the rags more) they are run very well....there's a very good reason they are anti FFP and voted against it.....the owner (family) has plenty of money,they only sell if players want out or would break the wage structure, which is comparatively very low to all the sides who finished above them...i believe the top earners are on 60 or 65K a week.The money they got for the dross they sold last year was a right bonus to them.
However if they want to sustain where they are they need to up those wages.....fact they are against FFP seems they are likely to when they need to.

I'm amazed, you posted about Southampton Football Club without resorting to your tedious, monotonous description of them as 'scumpton'.

Have a biscuit.

As another poster put on last seasons Southampton thread: Clasie from Feyenoord pulled out of friendly at the weekend, close to joining Southampton.

I've heard very good things about Clasie, should be a good signing.

Losing their two best defenders and goalkeeper is going to be hard to replace for Southampton next season.

Going forward they're still a big threat with Pelle, Rodriguez, Mane and Tadic.

Wanyama, Clasie and Ward-Prowse is pretty good options in centre midfield.

Is he as good as he sounds?

Saw him play a few times last season as a friend is a Feyenoord season ticket holder and spoke about him.

Seems to pass the ball well and likes to get forward. Obviously played under Koeman at Feyenoord too, should be a good fit for them I'd say, not bad business if paying £10m after getting, what, about £22m from yoonited for Schneiderlin?

Just signed Caulker on loan for the season from QPR, this lad is a good player and with better players around him might prove to be a shrewd signing.

Sold out at St. Mary's for tonight's Europa League qualifier.

2-0 up at half time and comfortable against a very poor Vitesse Arnhem side. They have also sold out the away leg and bought loads of tickets in Vitesse areas, hope it stays calm.

On another note, is there a worse fans song than that Dusan Tadic dirge? Pitiful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.