Spanish Mundo ABC: Mourinho made a deal vith Manchester City

strongbowholic said:
robbieh said:
I think its fair to say that while one match does not make or break reputations, Mourinho was overly hesitant last night.

A midfield duo of Alonso and khedira blatantly wasn't up to it. It seemed Mou was happy to have a back 6 and a front four. It might have worked but again displayed a lack of faith in his team in a big game.

Madrid's best player Ozil substituted for Granero. Higuain given very little time.

If Mancini had been presiding over this debacle he would have been slated on here.
Bluemoon would have broken the internet and torn a hole in the space/time continuum if it had been Mancini!
To true my friend....

And yet it is now 12.45 the day after and still not a murmour from the special ones bum chums!

The cookie monster said:
flb said:
adrianr said:
I thought it was generally accepted that Bayern were the better of the two teams over two legs? Certainly the better at home, deserved to win, but you could chalk some of that up to home advantage. They were still playing like the home team for huge parts at the Bernabeu! Which I suppose you could chalk up in part to Real having less in the tank from El Classico. I thought their early 2-0 lead was a bit flattering and a bit smash and grab, so I threw a bit on Bayern to qualify as the odds just got nice. Either way what I think is clear is that Bayern were in no way tactically out thought over the two games. The first half was almost reminiscent of our home league game against Arsenal. Not really tactics persay, just go out there and attack the bastards.

Still, home advantage, tired from El Classico, Ronaldo missing penalties, Ramos hitting the Hubble telescope with his, the argument we're told time and time again on here is that the buck stops with the manager. In this case, no matter how you try and avoid it, that means the buck stops with Mourinho. You can admit that Mourinho did get something wrong, you won't burst into a ball of flames. It doesn't mean you want Mancini at the club, it doesn't mean Mourinho is now a shit manager.

Noticable how the mard arsed twat disappeared down the steps as soon as Bayerns winning penalty went in-theres 2 twats at Real Madrid and Mourinho's both of them.
Undoubted good manager that he is Bayern sussed him out last night,there midfield in particular took the piss out of Madrids.
Aparently he was ordered back up to clap the fans...

What a guy.

He went to Bayern's dresroom after the match and congratuled each Bayern player individually.

Doesn't go with Mourinho is thug agenda though but won't change it though..

robbieh said:
I think its fair to say that while one match does not make or break reputations, Mourinho was overly hesitant last night.

A midfield duo of Alonso and khedira blatantly wasn't up to it. It seemed Mou was happy to have a back 6 and a front four. It might have worked but again displayed a lack of faith in his team in a big game.

Madrid's best player Ozil substituted for Granero. Higuain given very little time.

If Mancini had been presiding over this debacle he would have been slated on here.

How could it have been Mancini? He's never got past the quarters ;-)

robbieh said:

Ozil usually can't even go 90 minutes, he has serious stamina issues no matter how good he is. In almost EVERY game Mourinho hauls him off between 70 and 80 minutes but against Bayern he kept Ozil on deep into extra time so was taking a risk and you could see Ozil's productivity worsening, more sloppy passes and unable to cover much ground.

As for Higuain, it's no different than us choosing Mario over Dzeko or Dzeko over Mario this season, it's a tough choice that has to be made and Benzema has impressed Mourinho more.

Mancini went out in the semi's to another Pot 1 team that had the incentive of playing the final at their own ground. We went out in the group stages to a Pot 4 team, which a Chelsea team currently 22 points behind us in the league put to the sword at Stamford Bridge.

flb said:
The cookie monster said:
flb said:
Noticable how the mard arsed twat disappeared down the steps as soon as Bayerns winning penalty went in-theres 2 twats at Real Madrid and Mourinho's both of them.
Undoubted good manager that he is Bayern sussed him out last night,there midfield in particular took the piss out of Madrids.

What a guy.

He's all about himself the big headed twat-and a poor loser to boot,its the only thing that makes me feel uneasy about ever coming to City-he always looks for the next step in his career,my own opinion is he wont come to us out of fear that Ferguson would out gun him and render his "Im the special one" reputation in tatters-he will only come to us once Ferguson has retired,and by the look of things its going to be a few years yet.

Mourinho wouldn't come out of fear of ferguson out gunning him? Bloody hell mate, that's incredible. He has already out gunned him twice in the three seasons he was here. He has the same amount of European cups and he is 20 years younger. He relishes taking on Barcelona. Scared of ferguson out gunning him, Jesus.

MSP said:
The cookie monster said:
flb said:

What a guy.

He went to Bayern's dresroom after the match and congratuled each Bayern player individually.

So he waited outside their dressing room, until they finished celebrating with their fans, (and subsequently ignoring his own fans) so he could congratulate them?<br /><br />-- Apr 26th, '12, 14:42 --<br /><br />
Prestwich_Blue said:
Mancini went out in the semi's to another Pot 1 team that had the incentive of playing the final at their own ground. We went out in the group stages to a Pot 4 team, which a Chelsea team currently 22 points behind us in the league put to the sword at Stamford Bridge.
We also got beaten and put out at the group stages by one of the finalists

Blue Blood CTID said:
flb said:
The cookie monster said:

What a guy.

He's all about himself the big headed twat-and a poor loser to boot,its the only thing that makes me feel uneasy about ever coming to City-he always looks for the next step in his career,my own opinion is he wont come to us out of fear that Ferguson would out gun him and render his "Im the special one" reputation in tatters-he will only come to us once Ferguson has retired,and by the look of things its going to be a few years yet.

Mourinho wouldn't come out of fear of ferguson out gunning him? Bloody hell mate, that's incredible. He has already out gunned him twice in the three seasons he was here. He has the same amount of European cups and he is 20 years younger. He relishes taking on Barcelona. Scared of ferguson out gunning him, Jesus.

Its a little bit different doing it with a club thats 10 minuites away-i just think Mourinho respects Ferguson too much to take our job on.

pudge said:
MSP said:
The cookie monster said:

What a guy.

So he waited outside their dressing room, until they finished celebrating with their fans, (and subsequently ignoring his own fans) so he could congratulate them?

-- Apr 26th, '12, 14:42 --

Prestwich_Blue said:
We also got beaten and put out at the group stages by one of the finalists

The last time we played both the finalists we beat them. So we're the Champions of Europe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.