Spinning dots on windows 10

I've got windows 7 on the desktop and it's been excellent. The pc is on it's last legs but windows 7 has been exemplary.
With you on this. I'm probably gonna stick with Win7 for a long time. Not interested in slowing the machine down with a load of bloated stuff that I'll never use. Later operating systems have megabytes of resources allocated to touch-screen shite which is useless considering that the only time I put my fingers on the screen is when I 'occasionally' decide to give it a wipe with a cloth!

Make sure you go to Settings/Update and Security(Ha!)/Advanced Options/Choose how updates are delivered/ and switch OFF
"Updates from more than one place". Otherwise Microsoft could use your broadband to download updates from other PCs or upload updates to other PCs.

In fact I recommend going through all the various settings options and switching off about 80% of the preset choices unless you have a specific reason for keeping them on.

I have Win 10 pre-loaded on a new laptop, that seems to be a bit less problematic than upgrading from Win7 or 8.1, if I hadn't had to buy a new one I'd still be on Win 7 64-bit which I think was the best of all MS operating systems - though in itself that's not a huge compliment!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.