Sports Bar in Boston

Discussion in 'Matchday forum' started by Rocko_1, 22 Aug 2016.

1. Rocko_1

Rocko_1

The name Banshee alone is a good reason to check it out. I had a Quad 1989 Yamaha Banshee for years and had some of the best times of my life riding in the dirt. Yes, "The Banshee" is a place I want to walk into for a beer or two.......

2. abellwillring

abellwillring

As a general rule of thumb, Twitter is a pretty good place to find supporter's clubs here in the US. Looks like MCFC Boston does indeed meet at the Banshee!

https://twitter.com/mcfcboston

They have a link to their Facebook on there as well.

3. Harvster

Harvster

Went to Boston for the first time the other week, during what they call a heatwave - as in a little warmer than Cheadle Hulme

Beautiful city

Got to do a Duck Tour (aim for a driver called Hardly Davidson) and the Observatory - went at dusk when there was a brilliant view of Fenway Park with the floodlights on during a game v Detroit (I think)

4. es1

es1

the banshee is indeed the place to go, that's where the Boston Supporters Club meet up (and discuss how many tickets they've been allocated for the derby...)!

a taxi ride from the centre or it's not too on public transport

5. remember arthur mann

remember arthur mann

Try the Cheers bar, look out for Norm Peterson, it's" Where Everybody Knows Your Name" !

6. Rocko_1

Rocko_1

Okay, gotta ask - what is a Duck Tour and what does it consist of?

7. Rocko_1

Rocko_1

I actually plan on stopping by there and checking it out. I was told the bar is really in Boston. Does anybody know the bars real name.

8. Rocko_1

Rocko_1

Also, why has this topic been moved into the Matchday forum? If anything, it needs to be moved into the General forum.

9. Harvster

Harvster

Duck Tour starts off as your bog standard city tour with driver giving you the spiel,

then whadda ya know you're floating down the Charles River!

10. bluesmith

bluesmith

I'm off to Boston tomorrow, I land as we kick off,is the game likely to be on in Jerry Remy sports bar in Logan Terminal 3? How long is it going to take to get through immigration?