Sprained ankle not healing!

W W

worsleyweb

Having huge problems trying to get over a sprained ankle - rolled it about 2 months ago and every time I think it is fully healed and I try and run on it it literally turns over at right angles to my leg and the pain is outrageous.

I have done all the ice, raise and writing letters with my toes but seriously it is getting no better at all.

Anyone any advise or I am destined to never run on it again? Or if you have had one how long did it take to heal??

Did you actually get diagnosed by a doctor? As there's a pretty good chance you did something more than sprain it if it hasn't healed yet. I did the same with my wrist and just ignored it, assuming I'd just sprained it, but about a year later it turned out I'd actually broken my wrist.

Yeah no point been brave about it, get down to the walk in center and have it x ray'd. I've got a dodgy calf muscle which I cant shake off, did it running over the road in a gap in traffic of all things a few years ago.... Really annoying, I know how a certain Mr Kompany must of felt a couple of seasons ago!

I badly sprained my ankle over 20 years ago, didn't get it treated at the time and it's never properly healed and been very weak ever since... it's now much more susceptible to going over on it and whenever I (frequently) do it's swollen and painful for days afterwards.

Sounds like you torn or stretched the ligament, because its not held in place properly anymore it will just keep going, see the doc as you may get away with physio, the other option is surgery to tighten it back up.

Having huge problems trying to get over a sprained ankle - rolled it about 2 months ago and every time I think it is fully healed and I try and run on it it literally turns over at right angles to my leg and the pain is outrageous.

I have done all the ice, raise and writing letters with my toes but seriously it is getting no better at all.

Anyone any advise or I am destined to never run on it again? Or if you have had one how long did it take to heal??

Would've thought Worsley physio clinic would be an ideal starting point for you. I'm off there tonight for rehab on an ACL reconstruction

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.