The Harry Kane Team 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got round to watching MOTD... will the Harry Kane team fill their new stadium? There seems a lot of empty seats about at Wembley

You make a good point and I've brought this up before on the Harry Kane thread but it got buried in misunderstanding (to be polite).

His high shooting style is part of the reason he scores a lot. I referred to it as a law of averages (look it up folks) kind of thing. A guy with his ability in theory should score a good number if he shoots a lot. It's very comparable to Ronaldo when he first rocked up at R. Madrid; he'd just shoot at every opportunity and unsurprisingly he scored a load too.

Obviously its major limitation is when he's deprived of shooting opportunities. This will happen in games either where teams outplay Tottenham completely (rare) or against teams set up to stifle them. That's not to say he won't score in these games. But it's likely that he won't score in a game that he's not able to get 7-8 shots off.

While I agree with the law of averages I think it goes beyond that. If you are taking 50 shots and only making 6 it goes just beyond taking a lot of shots it means you are taking bad shots in my opinion (haven't watched many Spurs games to know for sure). I am not saying play the possession game like City, but they have a really good squad and think passing it around a little more instead of shooting so much would help the team

Spurs are the only other team i enjoy watching currently. An England side based on our and their young guns would be something to behold.

It is obviously true that Spurs are further down the food chain than City, United, PSG, Barca, Bayern, and Real but they do sit with some pretty illustrious company - Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Juve, Dortmund, the Milan clubs, Atletico. That itself is a massive achievement considering where they were after Sugar had destroyed the club. It is credit to the skills of Levy and Lewis as businessmen that the growth to where they are now has been organic.

There is a plan to join the elite clubs and Levy hopes that a NFL franchise and a deal with Facebook will drive that.

Does it matter if Kane, Eriksen, Alderweireld and Dele are sold? Not in the great scheme of things. We all know there are plenty more good players out there. It probably does matter if Pochettino leaves. That is why Levy is working so hard to tie him into the success of "the project". I have no doubt that Levy will offer Pochettino options in the future of Spurs and that has the potential to make Pochettino richer than even the most dizzying offer from Real when Levy and Lewis sell to Facebook.

The question is whether Pochettino wants to remain with Levy or try his luck with Real? Only knows Pochettino what he will do when Real come calling. However, I am not sure the answer is as clearcut as it looks. It is obvious that Pochettino likes Levy, likes the project and likes Spurs, I don't think the money will be the issue (see above) and he knows that there are ex-Real managers who today are working in less glamorous jobs. It is not always a golden ticket but of course no one, not even Spurs fans. could criticise him for going.

They are not having a go at fans sticking by their clubs
It's about Spurs fans and others constantly bleating about City having/spending more money than other clubs
I think City's turnover is £400m that helps pay big wages/transfer fees

Read the post by jimmygrimblesboots a page or two back which kicked off this particular discussion. If what he meant was what you claim, then he did an extraordinarily bad job of explaining himself. What he actually wrote was nothing more than a sneering, smug and arrogant attack on fans of clubs who continue to follow their teams despite not winning much, if anything by way of silverware.

Good result for spurs, but we need Real Madrid to finish top of their group so we dont draw them in the knockout stage.
Thats if we finish top of our group of course.

Good result for spurs, but we need Real Madrid to finish top of their group so we dont draw them in the knockout stage.
Thats if we finish top of our group of course.

If Spurs finish above them it means, as I suspect, they aren't the force they used to be and I'd fancy us to beat them over two legs, particularly as that scenario would mean we are at home in the second leg. A lot of business to attend to first though.

I've watched Madrid most weeks this season and they do appear to be not what they were last season, it might be a hangover and slow start but not convinced Ronald n Benzema will be as good as they were last season.

I've watched Madrid most weeks this season and they do appear to be not what they were last season, it might be a hangover and slow start but not convinced Ronald n Benzema will be as good as they were last season.

They're definitely on the decline. Credit to Spurs, It's an incredible result for them. They could easily finish top of their group.

Six defenders plus Winks and Sissoko holding, defending deep, hitting long balls to Llorente and Kane. If Mourinho had done there would be an outcry on here. Also Klopp would never be allowed to play like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.