The Harry Kane Team 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
To describe Spurs' business model as outright stupid is an extreme view. Levy has taken Spurs from lower to mid table strugglers with outdated facilities to a modern top tier football team. Most would say he has done very well and that Spurs are an example to other clubs. (Admittedly Levy followed Arsenal and Wenger/Dein's example).

As for the wage structure costing Spurs players. He is not worried. That is football. Alli and Kane are staying this year and if they leave next year it will be for world record fees. Spurs will recover. Levy believes in his business model which has served him well all these years. He knows that there are other Bales, Modrics, Allis, and Kanes. He has a longer view than most football fans. It will be a couple of years before Spurs overtake Liverpool's revenues and then he'll set his sights on overtaking Arsenal. Perhaps then he will allow the wild spending that you advocate.
Yep. The guys doing an amazing job. He's played a blinder.

To describe Spurs' business model as outright stupid is an extreme view. Levy has taken Spurs from lower to mid table strugglers with outdated facilities to a modern top tier football team. Most would say he has done very well and that Spurs are an example to other clubs. (Admittedly Levy followed Arsenal and Wenger/Dein's example).

As for the wage structure costing Spurs players. He is not worried. That is football. Alli and Kane are staying this year and if they leave next year it will be for world record fees. Spurs will recover. Levy believes in his business model which has served him well all these years. He knows that there are other Bales, Modrics, Allis, and Kanes. He has a longer view than most football fans. It will be a couple of years before Spurs overtake Liverpool's revenues and then he'll set his sights on overtaking Arsenal. Perhaps then he will allow the wild spending that you advocate.

Yes he has done well up until now, if he can't see a new model is needed then i think they will start to stumble/stagnate. The players needed at the very top can't be arsed with Levy's tit for tat penny pinching so he will forever be shopping in Kwik Save instead of M&S.

There are a number of likely reasons why Spurs haven't joined the transfer madness this summer.

1. They are in the midst of drawing down a vast chunk of debt. And only once the stadium is built will they begin to make that debt pay. In the meanwhile, I think it highly likely that the banks lending the money will have insisted upon certain financial restrictions being met - most especially, because of professional football's poor reputation within financial circles, that transfer spend and player wages are tightly controlled. So I doubt that Spurs could make a big splash in the transfer market even if they wanted to. Once the stadium is built and the extra income is flowing into the coffers, Spurs will be able to restructure their debt and loosen the purse strings.

2. They are in something of a catch 22 situation with regard to transfers. They already have a good team. But they have limited resources with which to pay their players a sum that is still considerably less than the going rate. The players tolerate it for now because they have bought into the idea of the project that Levy and Pochettino have sold them. So almost of all them have recently signed new deals. But if Spurs were to try to compete for top quality signings with the likes of City, United, Chelsea or Arsenal, they would only stand a chance of being successful if they were to offer comparable wages. And if they did that, their other top players would want parity at least - something that Spurs cannot afford. So the very top players are therefore out of reach and players on the level below won't really improve the team but will block the path to the first team for academy products.

3. Which brings me on to the third point - Spurs have a good academy and a coach who enjoys and has a good reputation for developing young players. Harry Winks has already proved that he has what it takes to be competitive at the level to which Spurs aspire. Josh Onomah, Kyle Walker Peters and Cameron Carter Vickers all have the potential to follow him into the first team squad next season. Pochettino prefers to keep the best young players in and around the first team squad rather than send them on loan. So if that squad becomes bloated with purchased players that don't improve the first team, then opportunities will be thin on the ground for the best academy graduates - no loan and no first team appearances either. So best to keep the money and trust in Poch and youth.

I am not judging them by what any other club may do, i think it accepted even the top clubs have wildly varying business models so arbitrarily attach one to another would be rather silly. I just think Spurs owner could invest and make big inroads to the very top with now being a prime time to do so, he is rich enough. Keeping that rigid model and applying it to the ever changing dynamics of the football transfer windows is outright stupid to my mind.

they are building stadium, no bloody chance they'll throw money away now. They are very lucky they have a good team at this point, otherwise they would either not be able to build stadium or it would be midtable for them until they finish it.

anyway, they're extremely well run club and it's remarkable what they done in last few years while having zero net spend or something like that.

Spurs are a very well-run club.

They do have one big advantage over us. They are in London, and in London there are lots more people willing and able to pay stupid prices to watch football. Once their new stadium kicks in, the increased income will put them in a much stronger position to buy players and to reward the ones they've already got.

Spurs are a very well-run club.

They do have one big advantage over us. They are in London, and in London there are lots more people willing and able to pay stupid prices to watch football. Once their new stadium kicks in, the increased income will put them in a much stronger position to buy players and to reward the ones they've already got.

They are indeed a very well run club. Apropros of nothing though, their Fighting Cock forum is the most militant, aggressive virtual playground I've ever visited. It knocks RAWK into the proverbial cocked chapeau.

They are indeed a very well run club. Apropros of nothing though, their Fighting Cock forum is the most militant, aggressive virtual playground I've ever visited. It knocks RAWK into the proverbial cocked chapeau.

5. City - They haven't beaten us in two seasons now, they claim to have the best manager in the World yet can't back this up when our manager has their managers number. There long serving fans (pre-Arab) hate what their fanbase has become, many staying away now leaving the plastics to rattle around in a 3/4 full stadium. None of them feel connected to the players (majority can't even speak English and don't even give interviews), players they have adopted and taken to their hearts are leaving/left (Zabba) or rarely play (Kompany) the rest their only connection is via the tunnel cam.

Hilarious. From a rundown of why other teams might dislike them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.