Spurs (a) - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs will have noticed what works best against us and as a result will defend in our half pushing 6 or 7 players up the pitch from the off. It will be interesting to see how Pep deals with this, especially as they are as good as Liverpool at the press.
Will we go 4-1-4-1 or change it? I fully expect Pep to play 3-3-3-1 from the off at some point perhaps Spurs is the time and the place?

Last edited:
think this will be our first loss....seemed to have lost a bit of spark last couple of games and we are clearly vulnerable to teams who press at pace which is exactly what spurs (and the red scouse) do

Andre+Marriner+Aleksandar+Kolarov+Manchester+PS4wFWaJA5Ql.jpg

We've got another Derby coming up Kaz.

Loved that kit. *Sigh.*

This will be a tough game make no mistake. The game at Celtic will be a summer shower compared to the hurricane we are going to face on Sunday. Stones must play as must Sagna imo. I personally would also play Navas for his ability to get back and cover his fullback.

Last season for the first 40 minutes we were the better side, then they scored 3 offside goals.

I would snatch your hands off if a draw was being offered. Come on City....!!

Can people please stop going on about Celtic showing everyone how to play against us. They haven't. Swansea pushed up high against us as well, but what they didn't have going for them was an offside goal and a deflection. Also, it would mean that teams like Spurs would change the way they play, which I don't think they will.

However, I do see the start of a negative slant to the press coverage with the Mirror story about Fernandinho season the players are struggling to keep up with the demands of the manager.

Can people please stop going on about Celtic showing everyone how to play against us. They haven't. Swansea pushed up high against us as well, but what they didn't have going for them was an offside goal and a deflection. Also, it would mean that teams like Spurs would change the way they play, which I don't think they will.

However, I do see the start of a negative slant to the press coverage with the Mirror story about Fernandinho season the players are struggling to keep up with the demands of the manager.

To be honest we have struggled with teams who press high for years ever since Bobby's days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.